• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

$60,000 vs. $6,000

ISX

I love the comment from the guy... "Gotta pull the cab to work on anything!" :lmao2::lmao: At least a Dodge doesn't require that... :thumbup2:

Exactly, that is insane! Crazy how many little things can go wrong with one of those new v8 diesels. SOOO many emissions things all over it that are just insanely expensive. Then not to mention just the overall design of the engine is not meant for serviceability. For example, the lifters. Fords, the 6.0 and 6.4 have roller lifters that are prone to failure and destroying the entire engine. To replace them you have to completely remove the engine from the truck and pull the crank out. Just insanity. Then you look at the cummins and that is a relatively easy task but hey you never have to worry about it because they are flat and no moving parts. Stuff like that.

Great video Mike. Reminds of me and the wife when I was in my 30 and 40s hauling wood out warm river in a 72 Chev 1/2 ton long bed, on retreads, wood stacked higher then the cab. Love the woods and the smells of the cut pine, and 2 stroke chain saw....

I would NEVER buy a Ford after watching all of this guys videos http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zxXmiz6dvQ.... What a crap motor to work on. http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=I_dhaWv9Z4k&feature=related

Yeah, that is pathetic, I can imagine the posts that are going to be in the Ford Diesel forums in the next couple of year. "shop charged me $4000 to change the glow plugs" I know I expressed intrest in the new Ford diesel when I first heard about it, but I did not expect it to be such a nightmare to repair. Not that I was going to be first in line to buy one. I would buy a Dodge, or put a flat bed on big blue first.