• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

We can see you are lurking about reading the forums and article databases. We happen to be one of the most friendliest Cummins support website on the planet. Come on and register and grab a inexpensive subscription plan. With that you can unlock even more for you. Technical support either by public forum, private support ticket, and even unlock phone support by Mopar1973Man. Mopar1973Man.Com will remain FREE to read forever!

What is the highest known power with SO pump

I put down a number I am pretty impressed with last weekend. Now we are debating on trying to make it to 750hp on the SO without nitrous. A friend of mine thinks we are already pretty close to the highest power SO pump. So I figured I’d ask you guys since this is probably the biggest active group of VP guys. 

Dyno was at an old gasoline hot rod shop so it was only set up for 1,200 max torque. 

69755276-BECB-45B0-9E2C-986C97DFDEC3.jpeg

Oh and the tach pickup kept falling off which is why torque drops off on both pulls and print out is in MPH

• Like 1

I haven't really kept up with it in a while but mid to upper 600's is what I remember being the most without 'help'.  Ever since the CP pumps and the 6.7's came out not much discussion about VP horsepower anymore.  It's good to see somebody out there still paying homage...congrats! 

Thanks @98whitelightnin! It escalated pretty quickly from “I’m keeping it stock” to “400 will be enough” then “well let’s put compounds and see what it does” and finally “540! That can’t be right. Let’s work on the tune and try a different dyno.”