• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

We can see that your guest and been lurking about. When you register on the Mopar1973Man.Com site you'll be able to interact with all the other members. This is the most friendliest Cummins forum you'll ever join. Take the time right now and  REGISTER  on the Mopar1973Man.Com this will open up many more options and functions on the website. Everyone is very friendly and helpful just ask questions and everyone will help you out the best they can. 

Hello

I replaced my lift pump and IP but now I have a hard start issue because the cranking pressure is too much for IP. I now have a toggle switch to turn off the lift pump while starting. I have heard of a way to install a relay to delay the lift pump until the engine is running, is there a link on here for the instructions?

Thanks

I had a lift pump in the tank but I went with a delphi953 it bolts up were the original carter pump went. I pulled the pump in the tank and bypassed the pump in there and plugged the new pump into the original wire harness for the lift pump. the new pump puts out about 18 psi.

p.jpg

28 minutes ago, jackpressure said:

I had a lift pump in the tank but I went with a delphi953 it bolts up were the original carter pump went. I pulled the pump in the tank and bypassed the pump in there and plugged the new pump into the original wire harness for the lift pump. the new pump puts out about 18 psi.

p.jpg

If it is plugged into the ECM pigtail then the ECM should operating the lift pump at a lower pressure during cranking. It does that by cycling the pump on and off. You can see that happening on a fuel pressure gauge. Mine shows round 7 to 12 psi during cranking and near 19 at idle.