• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

HE351W Turbo upgrade

22 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

Why does box has Chinese all over it, idk hopefully it's a genuine holset. If it's it seems like a great deal and a great hx35 upgrade. 

It would appear Holset has a manfacturing plant in China like many others.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dripley said:

It would appear Holset has a manfacturing plant in China like many others.

Yes, They do in Wuxi, China the bottom link is from Cummins fraud prevention guide, on how to make sure you're getting a genuine Holset

49 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

Why does box has Chinese all over it, idk hopefully it's a genuine holset. If it's it seems like a great deal and a great hx35 upgrade. 

Click on the Benzforce link it goes through how to recognize a Genuine Holset Turbo manufactured in Wuxi,China

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Blueox01 said:

I had a 53 block made in Mexico, that only made 453k then cracked the whole length of the water jackets on pass side, Globalization!

Some say if it made it to 150k it won't crack, yeah I never bought in to it. Good thing it went that far for you.

Although just like @cageflinn made to 1.3million miles on his 53 block. I believe there is a lot to do with how these trucks are being used, if it's on the hwy all the time I'm not surprised it can last over a million miles, even gas cars go to 500k without major issues when used mostly on hwy. They say its something like 15% of wear occurs on hwy vs town driving. That's probably why you can go so much longer on oil change intervals. Most of wear occurs on start ups and seems that blocks crack if engine is not to operating temp and getting high loads. Of course if you're pulling heavy on hwy and temps go pass safe zone, chances of the weak block cracking are higher too.  Jmo

Cajflynn did run the highways in his but pretty much with big load strapped on the back. Mine sees mostly highway. About 80/20 highway and in town. But it is not unusual for me idle a lot in the cold weather and the hot. I wish I knew how many hours the motor has on it. I am not a 53 block though.

1 hour ago, Dieselfuture said:

Some say if it made it to 150k it won't crack, yeah I never bought in to it. Good thing it went that far for you.

Although just like @cageflinn made to 1.3million miles on his 53 block. I believe there is a lot to do with how these trucks are being used, if it's on the hwy all the time I'm not surprised it can last over a million miles, even gas cars go to 500k without major issues when used mostly on hwy. They say its something like 15% of wear occurs on hwy vs town driving. That's probably why you can go so much longer on oil change intervals. Most of wear occurs on start ups and seems that blocks crack if engine is not to operating temp and getting high loads. Of course if you're pulling heavy on hwy and temps go pass safe zone, chances of the weak block cracking are higher too.  Jmo

All I know is I bought Truck with 62K Most of the miles have been highway towing, I'm one that keeps up on maintenance. I can, not sure of all about when @cageflinn bought his truck, miles etc. I do know the replacement block was reinforced right were the block cracked. 

8 minutes ago, Blueox01 said:

All I know is I bought Truck with 62K Most of the miles have been highway towing, I'm one that keeps up on maintenance. I can, not sure of all about when @cageflinn bought his truck, miles etc. I do know the replacement block was reinforced right were the block cracked. 

He bought it new. It was totaled in wreck with 1.3 million. He was on one of the truck tv shows after he cleared the million mark. Forget which one though.

Edited by dripley
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, LorenS said:

@Blueox01, if you're interested in parting with your HX35, please let me know!  I'd like to upgrade from my HY.  Every two weeks I make my way up I-29 from Kansas City so should be able to meet you in Bellevue or anywhere around the area convenient for you.

Might take you up on that,only has 41K since I rebuilt it.

• Thanks 1