• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Productive day

In KY i had a 63 Plymouth parts car that still had a title. They wouldn't accept the $300 sale price said it was too low. Charged me some BS antique car value and taxed it at a value of $6500. I had to fight them with pictures and a sworn statement of value to get it lowered to the "minimum" allowed value of $1000. Its all a scam.

• Sad 1

• Staff
2 hours ago, Gregturley said:

In KY i had a 63 Plymouth parts car that still had a title. They wouldn't accept the $300 sale price said it was too low. Charged me some BS antique car value and taxed it at a value of $6500. I had to fight them with pictures and a sworn statement of value to get it lowered to the "minimum" allowed value of $1000. Its all a scam.

Unbelievable! chit, rather deal with Baby Face Nelson, man that crooked as hell.

It's great to be a small part in a great group that knows how to do anything and get around a lot of the bs presented to us today. 

Edited by JAG1

• Staff
42 minutes ago, dripley said:

But 10% tax on new truck is ridiculous. Wonder if Nancy gets a waiver on that

Some cities here in California have a 10.25% sales tax rate.  They want to get your money as fast as they can.

Nancy doesn't need a waiver.  She has a tax payer supplied limo with driver and security.  :spend:

@Evan i was looking for painted wheels and these are chrome with some flaking off. Trying to decide how im going to finish them. My wife works with a guy that does blasting and powder coating on the side so I'm going to talk to him and see what he thinks will be best. Options that i see are blast and coat, wire wheel or sand and paint. Guy i work with said plasti dip but i don't think that will hold up. Any suggestions?

Edited by Gregturley
I think self etching primer and the same Rustoleum paint i used on the bumper. Cheap and easy since i have both already just dont know about sticking to the chrome

@IBMobile not really sure the size compressor. Its homemade, used it for 20 years now. Belt drive compressor, maybe a 3 hp motor and 2 old upright tanks i found. Only thing I've had to replace since i built it is the motor. Was 110v now 220v. 20200210_020635.jpg.6b928afde00ff7b8298b875ab2579247.jpgI do have a good filter/plumbing thing going, i never get water in my lines. 

20200210_020658.jpg

• Like 2

No where near painting. Im getting ready to make some changes to the cabinet. Foot switch from  Amazon($17),  lighting(free), homemade dust collector(parts from lowes about $20 and a free shop vac), media pickup(free w/stuff in garage), and caulk this thing up. 

Still raining here and have to wait on my painter so might as well work on the cabinet. It works good on rusty cast parts but needs some work for the chrome on the wheels. The peeling areas are hanging on better than expected. This is why i did not want chrome wheels but for the price i guess they were worth it. Maybe.

When I'm done the cabinet should work really well for less than $200, excluding media. Already have a guy at work wanting to pay to get some steel wheels blasted. Few jobs like that and its paid for. 

Pics to follow as i can.