• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Productive day

• 2 weeks later...

Added a switched outlet for my lights and shop vac. Light is a 24" or so 12 volt led light bar from Amazon ($15) i never used and a flood light socket from lowes($3). Found a 3 amp 12 volt converter in the shop that runs it fine. Just set it on the glass and held it in place with coat hangers. Light bar is much brighter and easier than socket. Made a cover for the vacuum port and duct taped the holes in the door that collected media.

Its not pretty but it now works great. If you want a blast cabinet and dont mind doing a few modifications you really cant beat this thing. Just caulk it up when putting it together.

20200220_180234.jpg

20200220_180244.jpg

20200220_180258.jpg

20200220_180324.jpg

Got 1 wheel blasted, primed with self etching primer and painted. Decided to go cheap with spray cans. They will all have spots you can see where the chrome was flaky and this is a low buck effort. The steel wheels on the truck now got hit with brake cleaner and a rag then sprayed with the same paint about a year ago and its held up pretty good. Sure these will have dust and dog hair in them just like the steels but its a truck not a show car.

20200226_174858.jpg

20200226_174919.jpg

• Like 3

As long as they're not chrome plated! I think if these were painted I'd have 3 done by now. I did now want chrome just because of the work involved to do this but i couldn't pass up 5 wheels for $125. 

If the chrome wasnt flaking off i would have blasted and cleared them. It had a cool matte silver/bronze color that i kinda liked. I'll get a pic of the next one.

• Like 1

I like the looks of the Hummer wheels on these trucks.  In fact, the guy I got my truck from had a set that he was going to put on it and asked me if I wanted them to go with the truck but he never had them milled and I wasn't sure it was something I wanted to mess with so I said no.  I changed my mind and went back a couple weeks later to get them and he had already sold them (to another dodge guy btw) :cry: so I put on some 3rd gen alloys.  Live and learn :smart:

Milling them with a router was surprisingly easy. Had to buy a bit that was $24 from Lowe's. 1st time i ever used my router too. Read about doing that on another Dodge forum when i was looking into the Hummer wheels. I never would have thought to try it. 

• Like 1