• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Drill Prime A Fuel Boss

What's the procedure ?

I'm guessing just pull the bottom pulley and pump mounting bolts.

Then tilt the pump down to get the drill chuck on the shaft?

Do you need a 3/8" or 1/2" drill?

Spin clockwise?

Or do they make a pulley you can put on a drill and use the belt to prime?

I dropped my assassin and used a drill, I used a siphon bulb to suck fuel up to the pump first, I just removed pump outlet pipe and used the bulb on the pump outlet fitting to suck fuel first. Then refit pipe and use a drill

5 hours ago, 01cummins4ever said:

I have never had the need to use a drill to prime a fuel boss, even on filter changes their is enough fuel in the lines to fire truck up, on initial install I just prefilled the filter housing with pre filtered fuel. 

I used a siphon bulb to prime the pump then a drill to prime the rest of the system, everything was dry so just didn't fancy spinning engine on the starter with the assassin bone dry and no fuel pressure at the vp

You don't even have to use a drill if you have to prime it.  Last time I changed the filter...I just removed the belt and spun the pulley by rolling it against the palm of my hand.  Didn't take long...that pump really moves some fuel.