• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

How to price high mileage Cummins?

So I’m looking to sell my truck. I found another 01 with only 168,000 miles. 

So what I’m asking is how do you price a high mileage truck like this? It runs great and has no issues. 316,000 miles tho. 
Overhauled transmission at about 270,000

raptor 150 

s&b cold air intake

edge ez

• Staff

What I did to compare pricing was go to Craigslist and figure what options and the shape it's in. If you want it to sell you only have to be a little bit more attractive than the rest of them and by being honest with folks. I get told quite a few horror stories about overpriced hidden garbage.

5 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

What I did to compare pricing was go to Craigslist and figure what options and the shape it's in. If you want it to sell you only have to be a little bit more attractive than the rest of them and by being honest with folks. I get told quite a few horror stories about overpriced hidden garbage.

The main reason I’m asking is I’ve had 3 people make me offers...all 3000$ Or lower. Does that seem right? Or is it too low. If that’s what i should expect I’ll just keep it as another parts truck for my new 01

• Staff

6 minutes ago, ColoradoColt said:

The main reason I’m asking is I’ve had 3 people make me offers...all 3000$ Or lower. Does that seem right? Or is it too low. If that’s what i should expect I’ll just keep it as another parts truck for my new 01

Are the cosmetics real nice on it and in nice shape?

Edited by JAG1

• Staff

I know Dripley is right these things have been holding value and most selling for more than Kelly B.B. :thumb1: I paid big city price, dropped to 16,000 from 20,000 for a very nice all option 01 with 190K on the clock. I'm happy to get it even though more than I should have spent.

• Like 1

Around here a Cummins seems to be worth at least 6k in any condition. Mileage not important. 5 speed add 4k. Chrome stacks add 1.5k. Big C sticker in the rear window add 500 bucks. Tow mirrors add 750. You get the idea.

Edited by dave110
  • Haha 1

• Owner

Don't list that S&B... Some people like myself will be like -$2,000 because of dusted engine. If you do list it expect people to pull the air filter look for a dirty turbo if so they will pull the price down. Do yourself a favor ditch the S&B install a BHAF and clean the turbo and air ducting. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Don't list that S&B... Some people like myself will be like -$2,000 because of dusted engine. If you do list it expect people to pull the air filter look for a dirty turbo if so they will pull the price down. Do yourself a favor ditch the S&B install a BHAF and clean the turbo and air ducting. 

Thanks! Never heard anything bad about S&B until now. Although my turbo looked filthy. I switched to a k&n filter in the S&B box after I cleaned the turbo and it’s stayed clean since.(about a month ago) Definitely going to be switching to the BHAF because I’m sure the K&N isn’t much if any better. 

50 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

So far none of the washable filter holding up. After the first washing you destroyed a good part of the filtering media. BHAF never wash or clean good for 100k miles and just toss in the trash afterwards. 

Okay so I’ll  just use this one until I need to wash it for the first time then swap to BHAF

Would I have to buy the stock intake tube as well? I just looked it up and found one on Pure Diesel Power for 39.73$. A lot cheaper then my K&N

https://puredieselpower.com/dodge-products/bhaf-replacement-high-flow-air-filter-94-02-dodge-5.9l-cummins.html#/product/3299

Edited by ColoradoColt

11 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

I'm wondering if you wanted a filter minder, instead of drilling the filter and taking chances of plastic getting in engine, why not drill the elbow someplace and put it in there :think:

Just looked it up and some guy said it doesn’t work for Cummins turbo diesels. Something about it going to the bottom even with the filter out 

Mine would suck down on a new filter after some hard runs. Ive been all about bhaf in the past but did an oil sample with last oil change the sample came back with high silicone. Ill have to lok back at my records but  most of if not that entire oil had a new wix bhaf on. I really want to pull my intercooler and all piping to give them all a good wash out and try a different filter.

On 2/7/2020 at 10:36 PM, 98whitelightnin said:

Ive been all about bhaf in the past but did an oil sample with last oil change the sample came back with high silicone. Ill have to lok back at my records but  most of if not that entire oil had a new wix bhaf on. I really want to pull my intercooler and all piping to give them all a good wash out and try a different filter.

I've been thinking about that ever since a member on here who seemed to be in the know swore up and down that these BHAF's we run are nothing more than a pre-filter in industrial applications. Thought about changing but at the rate I put miles on my truck will be rusted out or I'll be rusted out long before I reach 1/2 the mileage @dripley has on so I guess I'll leave it.