• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

RV refrigerators/freezers (psa)

I recently posted a link in a thread here about someone looking to buy an RV.  In finding the saved link in my lap top, I came across my favorite link for cleaning your RV fridge.  Reason this is my favorite link is because when we bought an older RV and fridge wouldn't cool below about 45 degrees. After following directions  fridge works great now.  There's a ton articles on the internet about RV fridge, but this link does the best job imo.  

RV fridges and wiring get alot of the blame for RV fires.

1. Find your manufacture and serial number.  Look up your manufacturers web page and see if there are any recalls, to make sure you are up to date on your unit.  

2. Follow directions in link. However...

2a.  In the steps where he about the chimney flue...actually get up on roof and visually look down into to flue with a flashlight. To make sure your flue is clean of all debris.  Yes from the ground you'll be able see daylight above with a mirror and flashlight with fridge vent cap removed, you can make sure looking down from the top.   We had so many spider webs and junk in the flue even after using a lear blower to clean out the junk I had to cut the screen on top so I could use a leaf blower and vacuum inside flue to get flue really clean.  After a good cleaning and following directions. Our fridge cools alot better, even in summer temps.

3.  We sleep alot better knowing our fridge/freezer works properly. 

I'm not advertising for him. Imo he covers the subject best imo.  

http://www.rvdoctor.com/2004/11/cleaning-servicing-rv-refrigerator.html?m=1

Edited by 015point9
Add info
  • Thanks 2