• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Low Oil pressure light

Sometimes my oe oil pressure gauge drops to zero and I get a ding with a light. This usually only happens when I’m at a lower idle situation while pulling forward and the idle gets low or reversing into a parking spot and idle gets low (idle is set at 815). It’s only happened a handful of times until one day last week when we had a 75 degree day and then it was dinging every few minutes during slow driving or idling. When I bought this truck, a little over a year ago, original owner told me about this and had a new oil switch in the door but I put a new mopar switch in it anyway. Mechanical oil gauge I have shows 23 psi or so while the gauge in the dash drops to zero. Do y’all think this could be a wire or just nature of the beast. Also, cold start oil pressure seems to come up slowly but I’ve never had a mechanical gauge on any of my other cummins. I’m using 15w40 and it’s not low.