• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

We can see that your guest and been lurking about. When you register on the Mopar1973Man.Com site you'll be able to interact with all the other members. This is the most friendliest Cummins forum you'll ever join. Take the time right now and  REGISTER  on the Mopar1973Man.Com this will open up many more options and functions on the website. Everyone is very friendly and helpful just ask questions and everyone will help you out the best they can. 

My thinking on the batteries acting as filters that helps remove AC ripple is something I read a few times on the internet, so is it not true then? :think: 

Edited by JAG1

8 hours ago, HOUTX02 said:

The 140a fuse wont be used because the breaker will replace it?

You can still use that terminal at PDC for other devices, just use another fuse appropriate size to device or 140 may not pop but you wires will melt. I'm using it for few things, like fuel pump and some other things I have on truck, combined fuses amp I'm around 40. 

Don't mean to confuse you any further :rolleyes:

On 2/12/2020 at 2:48 PM, HOUTX02 said:

Ok thanks, Forgive my ignorance here.... I understand that the W-T ground mod is too help reduce AC ripple; And the PCM protection fuse is for proctecting the PCM incase of a rare short correct? So why are these required for the  Nations 180A? Not trying to argue, just trying to understand. Nations told me it was a drop in and plug and play...

It's not that rare. I fried my PCM on a botched rebuilt alternator. 

Granted that simple missing ring cost me about $400 and lead to one of the most prolific articles ever written. 

19 minutes ago, pepsi71ocean said:

Granted that simple missing ring cost me about $400 and lead to one of the most prolific articles ever written. 

Was it rebuilt by your rebuilder or was it an auto parts store item? Are you saying it was a missing slip ring? Sorry I have big thick skull and need elaboration for it to get thru.

Edited by JAG1

7 hours ago, JAG1 said:

Was it rebuilt by your rebuilder or was it an auto parts store item? Are you saying it was a missing slip ring? Sorry I have big thick skull and need elaboration for it to get thru.

I rebuilt it myself. I was rebuilding alternators and testing out different diode packs and I left the sealing ring out. It's funny I always bench tested them before I put it in. Dum me. For not doing that time. 

Lucky it was just on my truck, I rebuilt several and luckily for me it was the for my truck that was botched.

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, pepsi71ocean said:

That is because of the alternator had a short on the blue wire field lead. This will be a dead short back to the PCM which supplies the +12V. The PCM is protected by a 20A fuse and the circuit board can't hold the current flow. POOF! Magic smoke released form the circuit board. This is where the protection fuse mod comes in. This protects the PCM from current over 5A and the fuse blows not the PCM

Yeah I know you know that but the rest might not...

• Like 1