• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

windshield leak

• Staff

Dave, usually the caulk goes between the truck body and the glass. It glues in the glass to hold, but the rubber trim piece that you see is inserted over the glass before it is glued. It has a rubber channel molded in the back of the trim that goes around the windshield and fits over the edge. Pretty tough to do a decent job without replacing the windshield as you probably will see the caulking outside the rubber trim. Best to replace the windshield. get it done right. Some places have lifetime warranty and can tell if it was their glass or shop that did the work. Be cool if someone owned up to it and decided to replace it for you.

I understand what you're saying and have seen windshields go in. This is actually on my 93 Ranger but I posted here because a windshield is a windshield. Trouble is there was a rust spot in the cowl where the windshield mounts that was patched by the PO prior to the new windshield install and its not a perfect fit. I did the investigating I can see the gap where it is not fit right and leaking in. At this point I just need something to plug and seal the gap.

• Staff

see if the  glass shop have a left over amount in a tube of their black stuff. It's real good stuff. They usually give me a small amount left over in a tube. Last time they gave me a whole tube when I asked. Don't use sillycone Dave it's acidic and can rust some more. Use a polyurethane.

• Like 2