• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

24 Valve turbo / injector upgrade

Hi everyone , New to this forum , Took a long time to register wow . 
Anyhow I have been through all the CTD forums and I have to say this one has been the most friendly and informative over the others . 
With all that said here I go , I have a 2002 CTD 2500 4wd that I custom ordered with every bell and whistle that was available in 02 . 
The truck only has 91000 original babied miles , light towing once in a while .  My current mods are as follows . 
Quadzilla tuner , MBRP single into duel 4in exhaust , Air Dog II , Banks High Rise intake , and just this past weekend I installed a new 
Suncoast stage III trans with billet triple disk TC , OUCH that one hurt the wallet . Anyway here is the big question to finish my build ? 
I need some advice on which turbo / injector upgrade to go with to hopefully achieve my goal of 450 to 500 hp ??? I realize I still need to 
upgrade my head studs to ARPs . but thats a given . I am a Marine Technician buy trade , but dont do any turbo upgrades on yachts . 
I have a million opinions from other forums but I would like to get some ideas from some guys in here ???  I will be buying a 12000 pd 
ToyHauler in the near future and once in a blue moon like to street race other diesels in my area . I have heard a lot of good and bad on the 
BD super B , also on the Phat Shaft . I have also been told go with a 100 to 150 HP injector ? which makes sense because I can regulate 
the fuel pressure with the Qaud ? 

Any help you guys can throw my way would be so appreciated . 

Like Me said if budget is tight...but if you want to tow like a champ and be able to walk your buddies' trucks then compounds are the best option.  7x.010's will give you around 500-525hp depending on size of turbos...7x.012's (200hp) will give you 550-575ish.  Drive pressures will be healthier and spool-up will be slightly better/faster as well. 

I bought injectors from ducky fuel injection. Great guy with lots of info.

I'm running his 100s they're on 50k or so. At some point I'll replace them with 150s

I have sxe300 from texas machine(smedding) seems to be doing well. Probably have 20-30k on it

Thanks to everyone for helping me out . Money isnt a huge issue persay ? but just finding the right match and brand is the crap shoot . Its funny how places like Thoroughbred diesels and XDP dont offer more packages to the public in this category ? When I upgraded my VP 44 I got it from Thoroughbred and they offered it as a kit with the AirDog II . 

I forget the price but it was a nice package . I guess if your working with diesels day in and day out you get familiar with whats works and what dont ? 
Which is probably how theses forums got started in the first place ??? 

Thanks again guys for all your support 

On 2/13/2020 at 8:33 AM, Me78569 said:

THis is the TUrbo you want with 150HP injectors for a solid 500HP

If you want 450HP and even quicker spooling consider 125HP and this turbo

https://www.dieselautopower.com/dap-screaming-eagle-sxe-fmw-2nd-gen-fit-57-65-12-t3-gated-hx40

or if you tow a lot compounds would work great

Compounds $1350

S400 $650 and support 500HP with a quick spooling s464/83/1.10AR, or 550HP with s475/83/1.10AR (but will add more $$)