• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

We can see that your guest and been lurking about. When you register on the Mopar1973Man.Com site you'll be able to interact with all the other members. This is the most friendliest Cummins forum you'll ever join. Take the time right now and  REGISTER  on the Mopar1973Man.Com this will open up many more options and functions on the website. Everyone is very friendly and helpful just ask questions and everyone will help you out the best they can. 

KATOOM

DO EXHAUST RESONATORS ROB HORSEPOWER??

1 hour ago, Dieselfuture said:

You guys are going to make me get a 5" x30" resonator and try it out. I can't hear myself think if I drive over 80

:shrug: 4" does not drone at all at 80 MPH

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

You guys are going to make me get a 5" x30" resonator and try it out. I can't hear myself think if I drive over 80

I don't advise thinking over 72.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

:shrug: 4" does not drone at all at 80 MPH

I got a 4" downpipe that starts as a 3 at turbo then 5" all the way back with a muffler I think, I don't want to chocke it if I don't have to ( no funny chicken jokes here ). If fte offer a 5" I might try it out. I think my truck been getting louder lately or I'm getting old like @Evan how does Donaldson compare to fte? Does it have performance in it's mind at all or just aimed at reducing noise?

1 hour ago, dave110 said:

I don't advise thinking over 72.

I usually don't but been driving so much lately, I just want to get where I'm going and don't really care about mpg and my brain, all though it be nice to get around 20 going 80 and not be brain dead by the time I get where I'm going, or I'll never know why I went there in the first place :think:

• Haha 1

Don't worry. The older I get the more I realize insanity can be a pleasure :ahhh:

Oh, and FWIW I've heard good things about the Donaldson 51". Never tried on though.

Edited by dave110
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dave110 said:

Don't worry. The older I get the more I realize insanity can be pleasure expected:ahhh:

Fixed it for ya...

Edited by KATOOM

51" Donaldson fits semi's 5" exhaust straight through design.  Walker also makes one and napa sells they're brand.

Donaldson has cfm ratings and sound levels.  There is  straight throughand one with baffles