• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Took the mighty Dodge on its first road trip today. Over 249 miles, in rain with lots of 65-45 braking for the first 90 miles i got 16.57 mpg. After the rain cleared we got free of traffic and had cruise set at 70-75 most times. Tried to data log but couldn't, I'll have that fixed for the return trip. I will get some data and hope some people here can help me with a tune. 

• Like 1

Wasn't able to get a data log. Couldn't send it from my tablet and forgot what i did to connect my phone. 343 miles, mostly interstate with 1 20 minute trip up a mountain road and back plus 1 trip to work and halfway home. Got 17.718 mpg running 70-75. Guess its not doing as bad as i thought it was. Running around Pigeon Forge i got better mpg than here at home. Didn't expect that.

• Owner
10 hours ago, Youngblood24v said:

17 seems about average for people, meanwhile I still get roughly 13.5mpg with this cold weather no matter if it’s highway or city driving and 15mpg during the warmer months 

Nitto tires have a high rolling resistance. Ratio is good with the 305/50 R20 your running just the tires with aggressive tread tends to have more drag than smoother faced tire. Then your VP44 is most likely low quality most T-bred pumps. 0.078 lines are going to make your timing retarded most likely. What's your current timing on the Quad? 

5 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Nitto tires have a high rolling resistance. Ratio is good with the 305/50 R20 your running just the tires with aggressive tread tends to have more drag than smoother faced tire. Then your VP44 is most likely low quality most T-bred pumps. 0.078 lines are going to make your timing retarded most likely. What's your current timing on the Quad? 

My whole truck is the definition of drag. It’s like sail in the wind. I’d have to check to see what my timing is exactly. It’s pretty conservative. I don’t believe the lines play a factor as when I replaced my tappet cover I replaced my lines because they were really rusted and the scheid stainless lines were around $100 cheaper than stock size lines and I knew the difference between the stock and .078 wasn’t going to make it loose or anything so I went with the .078 lines. When I did this I had no change in fuel mileage or drivability at all. 

2 hours ago, Scarecrow said:

Running 305/50r20's with a dually would definitely kill your mileage.

Mark

I get the same mileage currently as I did with my stock rims/tires. I believe they were 235/85r16 stock size tires 

Edited by Youngblood24v