• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Recommendations

• Owner

Ask @pepsi71ocean he got a set of DAP injectors 100 HP. Ran them about 28k miles and they had dropped to 280 to 290 bar IIRC. So just because they were set perfect at 310 bar they will still settle in after a break in period typically lose about 10 bar at the worse case. 

Another way... My 7 x 0.010 injectors were popped at 320 bar. My engine idle was a perfect 800 RPM but the engine load was higher at 13% when the injectors are new. I've got roughly 60k miles on these injectors at just about a year old or so. Now the engine load has dropped to 6% at idle. Idle speed is still correct but the engine load is dropping out and eventually the injectors will be below minimum pop. I figure right at 100k miles these will be wiped out.

My stock injectors had 150k miles on them. I had them sent in to be popped and rebuilt. Fun was the stock injectors idled high at 850 to 875 RPM. Didn't have a Quad then... But the pop pressure was 260 bar. I bet for sure engine load was a ZERO. 

Mine had 280ish on the stocks and idled like crap to me, we didn’t use my bodies he build a set of cores he had.

ever since it’s idled smooth enough to set a beer on the valve cover, I’m gonna plug in to it this weekend and see what idle engine load and all actually is 

On 2/14/2020 at 11:45 AM, Mopar1973Man said:

Ask @pepsi71ocean he got a set of DAP injectors 100 HP. Ran them about 28k miles and they had dropped to 280 to 290 bar IIRC. So just because they were set perfect at 310 bar they will still settle in after a break in period typically lose about 10 bar at the worse case. 

I'm assuming based on how quickly my truck went from smoke free to smoking that the set pressure dropped fast back then. 

I think somewhere around 305-295 is where the pop pressure effects programmers and smoke control.

Currently, I have a little over 1,100 miles on the truck with the @322 bar injectors. I've had the truck start up down into the high 20s with out the grid heaters.

The truck idles very smooth and I've played with this smarty again and I'm just smoke free. 

But I can say that the truck barely haze's at 25-30f out when it's cold. Unlike how is always been with injectors before.. White smoke everywhere.

Played with mine a bit today since the quad update, don’t smoke near as much makes pretty good power guess before I go any further I’ll get some studs in in it,

trans has already been build 6 months ago with billit servos, anchors and converter (single disk)

gonna have to play around with the quad tho, I gotta have the smoke on take off in the summer time for the idiots that sit at green lights playing on there phone ?

• Like 1

Update* seems I also had a bad connection at the pump tap, Marco sent me a race tune to try out......all I can say is damn it boy!!! Ole girl broke loose a bit from a 30 roll (put default tune back in before I tear more crap lol)

just wanted to give quadzilla a shout out and a big thanks for taking the time for going over my unit to insure it was doing what it should and to Marco for the great customer service