• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Want to drop an inch off my 2 in. level kit.....

• Staff
4 hours ago, Haggar said:

Jag,

your truck is 2wd right?  If it is, take given notes with a grain of salt, most of who is suggesting stuff is 4wd.  The spring procedures are completely different.

On a 2wd with no leveling kit (my brother's), we have just blocked the frame and let the A arm down with a jack.  I am thinking yours will be that simple.  (that is how the factory manual says to do it.)

GL

Hag

Thanks Hagger, Both my second gens are 4wd.

There are a lot of good guys on this forum and I appreciate it too. I have to admit that I found a new 4 wd suspension shop that is being real nice to me. I was calling them to see if they would like to trade my two in. level kit for some one inchers that might be laying around. If we could make a trade, that will benefit them most since everyone wants the two inch kit. The guy said he will do both sides for 85 bucks with my parts. I said, you mean 85 bucks for each side right? No we will do both for 85 bucks. Okay I said, but now I'm wondering if it just a ploy to get me in there on the rack. You know how some places can be..... oh you got this wrong and that wrong it's going to be 150,000  bucks to fix it..... you know and then you get it back and now it's really broke and you don't know what they did. However with my truck they're going to see some real good tight work done to it and needs nothing. I just hope it's not a ploy. They might be good folks. Should I give them a try?

On 2/16/2020 at 7:32 AM, Mopar1973Man said:

I've hauled thousand of cords of wood in my truck and know absolutely that stock front axle height with a full load in the rear will make for near level truck. 

DSCF4540.JPG 

Mike, no one but no one has a wood stove door big enough to fit those pieces you got in that truck! What are you thinkin? :)

Edited by JAG1
  • Haha 1

Jag , sorry couldn't remember and its not in your sig.

The shop is not lying to you. 

The 4wd is stupid easy if you have a chassis lift.

disconnect shock. disconnect sway bar. 

Raise frame to droop front axle, zip out 3 bolts on upper spring mount.  spring is out. 

they won't even pull the springs out on yours.  they will just take the buffers out. 

The worst they would want to fix is sway bar mounts or shock bushings. 

Hag

Edited by Haggar
  • Thanks 1

• Staff
4 hours ago, IBMobile said:

If you need more work on the front end you can wait till April when I get there. 

I'll watch and drink coffee.  1979312587_animated-smileys-drinking-0511.gif.b82f0d32057dab736e087a9bf15396ae.gif

You are able to accomplish that better than anyone I've ever known... your the man :thumb1:

Actually I understand that very well as there is something very enjoyable about that. I think Dripley may know and understand why that is.

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Staff

Well, I had it done, both sides for a total of 85 dollars. It's nice since the new spacers are rubber so the half inch factory rubber spring bushing did not have to be used. It's cool, I have more room to air up more if I like and the truck won't squat like a chicken over eggs. Sorry Dripley.

Anyhow I like it much better, seems to handle better and the truck doesn't look like its trying to pull a wheelie in front. Thanks to all you guys your all welcome to come and sit watch me work and drink all the coffee :thumb1:

Just a little note one place wanted 600, the next place wanted 300 and the last place I called wanted 85 and he was done in an hour like he said. They were nice people there.

I have the two inch level kit for sale if interested. They are solid steel. not the hollow ones. Longer sway bar end links go with it.

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 4

• Staff
4 minutes ago, dripley said:

Me thinks me buddy @JAG1 is addicted to chickens.

Southern fried chicken, chicken fried steak is the best.

Need to adjust the track bar a bit. Just sprayed with some oil will try later. It's only offset a quarter inch but when loaded it will grow worse so trying to center it. Man what a pain.. 

Edited by JAG1

• Staff

They are up near Portland Raceway, called Central 4 Wheel Drive. They are in the same building as Baxter's Auto Parts. 503 283-1291. I even had coffee left when I got home. Hahaha.

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 1