• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

High idle not working

Ok, so I was playing with quadzilla (going through settings and such), and decided to try my high idle again. Every time I've tried it in the past, it would shut the truck down, then the truck wouldn't start for about a minute. It would repeat this until I turned the setting off. 

I tried again today just to see,setting it at 10 seconds, and the truck started to idle up, but then died again. 

What's going on? 

I remember reading somewhere about the truck sometimes see the high idle kicking in as a runaway and kills the engine to protect its self.  I don't remember why this happens.  Not sure if it has something to do with using factory high idle and the quad high idle...

Hopefully someone else remembers and will chime in for ya...

On 2/18/2020 at 8:02 PM, Me78569 said:

You have oem high idle.  Dont use them together if you do it will do exactly what you are talking about 

Oem or quad high idle not both.

So how do I turn off the oem high idle? Or even turn it on? I'd rather use quadzilla anyway to control it.