• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

p01688 dead pedal

hello

I have a 98.5 ram diesel which gave me dead pedal intermittent the last week just at start up, then run good all day. it might have been worse on cold mornings. now its staying dead pedal.

I have codes

p01688

p0743

p0463

p1693

I cleaned all the grounds I could find except the one behind the starter was so stuck, penetrating oil and all. im going to have to take off the starter to get it off and clean that connection. could it be fuel filter or weak lift pump? or all having to do with torque converter clutch solenoid ? thanks. any leads, wisdom, experience is much appreciated 

You may have lost the computer on the Vp. I would clear the codes, restart the engine and see if the codes come back. You can look the codes up in the artcles section under 2nd gen 24v, obdll error codes. The 1688 is the nasty one.