Jump to content
  • Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

    We can see that your guest and been lurking about. When you register on the Mopar1973Man.Com site you'll be able to interact with all the other members. This is the most friendliest Cummins forum you'll ever join. Take the time right now and  REGISTER  on the Mopar1973Man.Com this will open up many more options and functions on the website. Everyone is very friendly and helpful just ask questions and everyone will help you out the best they can. 

Recommended Posts

Bought the used Adrenaline that was listed in the classifieds, and got my adapter from DAP. With the sub-par diagnostic procedures on Quad's website I am left with a paperweight. Any tips out there?

The IQuadBT is not showing up as available in the app or to my phone's software. I have moved the jumper. It should have power and ignition on signal, and ground is straight to a clean battery terminal bolt. I have popped the hood and stood beside the BT to maximize signal. I have tried with the engine running and with just ignition on. Fuses all good, per ohm meter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you attempted to plug it into a PC to see if the computer can recognize it? I'd be curious if it has any life left in it and if it would take an update.

 

Sending it in for testing is absolutely a good way to go like already mentioned above. You might be able to save yourself some headache.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, kzimmer said:

plug it into a PC

The joy of buying used is that the appropriate cord is apparently missing. The fact this isn't even mentioned in any documentation I can find on their website is absurd.

 

I have no idea how to plug this into a computer. Same kind of plug as a Garmin GPS? I may have one of those cords somewhere, not sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, LorenS said:

The joy of buying used is that the appropriate cord is apparently missing. The fact this isn't even mentioned in any documentation I can find on their website is absurd.

 

I have no idea how to plug this into a computer. Same kind of plug as a Garmin GPS? I may have one of those cords somewhere, not sure.

I believe it is a USB mini B type connector... or maybe that was the Quad XZT...

 

usb mini b.jpg

Yep, that's the right cable.  Just went out and verified...

 

IMG_20200304_191456.jpg

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I recall, that's what the plug looks like.  Alas, even if I get it connected to this laptop, I have no idea what to do and cannot find any documentation to guide me!  I tried to download the iQuadBT app to this laptop from the Play Store but if I succeeded, I sure can't find it to open it!

I'm pretty certain I should've just bought an XZT, if anything.  I'm clearly a computer ignoramus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What phone are you trying to connect it to.  Do you have another phone that you could try?  Wife's or someone?  Do you have a tablet to try it with?  If it still don't connect then send it into Quad because something is not right with it.  Mine connected right up the first time I installed it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, LorenS said:

As I recall, that's what the plug looks like.  Alas, even if I get it connected to this laptop, I have no idea what to do and cannot find any documentation to guide me!  I tried to download the iQuadBT app to this laptop from the Play Store but if I succeeded, I sure can't find it to open it!

I'm pretty certain I should've just bought an XZT, if anything.  I'm clearly a computer ignoramus.

I even did a video for you to follow.  

 

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

even did a video for you to follow

I looked for guidance in the Articles section and found your tuning videos, never thought to look in the Vendor suppository.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It needs to be made an article, but management of everything takes time.  time is someone I dont have a lot of lately.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wife's phone is an Apple, and tablet is super old. Laptop's bluetooth couldn't find it, either.

 

Since this thing is used, I don't know if there's a bad wire or connector in the harness that is hidden. Will unplug box tomorrow and check harness wires with ohm meter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LorenS said:

Wife's phone is an Apple, and tablet is super old. Laptop's bluetooth couldn't find it, either.

 

Since this thing is used, I don't know if there's a bad wire or connector in the harness that is hidden. Will unplug box tomorrow and check harness wires with ohm meter.

IOS doesn't work with bluetooth andriod, wifi iquad is needed for that.  

 

the laptop should see the bluetooth device, but wont connect.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

laptop should see the bluetooth device, but wont connect.  

That part I did not know. Comes with being computer ignoramus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No longer a paperweight! Checked power this morning at the Adrenaline plug, had power. For the heck of it, decided to see if that magically made the IQuadBT work. My phone found it, connected, and I saw info on the app gauges!

 

I guess it took 10 times of unplugging and plugging back in to make a good connection. Possible corrosion, who knows, but it works now and I'm happy!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...