• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Hx-hy35 turbo questions

I was told that the exhaust housings on the hx35 and hy35 turbos are the same and the exhaust wheels are the same. Is that true? I thought they were different.

I think im correct in thinking that the exhaust flange thats held on with 5 bolts is the same but want to verify that also.

The used hx35 i bought had a broken bolt that was kicking my butt but i finally got it out today. Now I'm just waiting on gaskets and time to do the swap

Also, looking at the flange that bolts to the manifold there is a huge mismatch in the ports and gasket. Is there any benefit in gasket matching the turbo housing and manifold? Any draw backs? 

My signature has everything about the truck now. The racer in me says gasket match while its apart but will that help or hurt spooling the turbo? Will it help EGT any?

And drill the waste gate port to 7/8” through to both sides. There is a write up on here about it some where. Dap gives the info. 

Found it. 

3 hours ago, Gregturley said:

I think im correct in thinking that the exhaust flange thats held on with 5 bolts is the same but want to verify that also

Yes. I switched from an HY to Hx. 

• Thanks 1