• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Still learning forums

For your signatue

1. Click on your name at the top of the page

2. Click "Account Settings"

3. On left side click "Signature"

4. Enter/Edit your info and then "SAVE" at the bottom.

Hope this helps

Joe

7 hours ago, BrokeAssPainter said:

So I've been playing around with a tune for the new 100hp sticks and 62/65/12 turbo, I was wondering if anybody had a good "racing" tune. You know, like for when the hopped up ricers and mustangs want to pick on me lol

Better get you some bigger sticks before you do that...I'd be disappointed to hear of a Civic with a coffee can muffler spanking you. :punish:

Edited by Bullet

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, BrokeAssPainter said:

Enlighten me please... I like learning

No problem...I was suggesting that if your goal is to keep up with a Mustang or ricers your gonna need more power than a tune, a 62 and some 100hp sticks can make.

You weigh twice as much or more than they do (estimating you are 6500 lbs minimum but probably more).   Your tires/rims probably weigh 3 times as much as theirs.  And when you look at it from a power/weight ratio most have a significant advantage over you.

Allowing for driveline losses and from where the horsepower is calculated from...for a car weighing 3400lbs with 325hp at the crank you would need approximately 528hp at the wheels to match (assuming you weigh no more than 6500lbs).  All ricers weigh less than 3400lbs and most Mustangs have more than 325hp.

I'm guessing that you'll be around 425hp at the wheels with a 62, 100hp sticks and a quad.  That's enough to compete with most 4 bangers but you're gonna have trouble with most V6's and all V8's.  You're gonna need about a 100hp more if you want to play competitively with most V6's and another 200hp to play with some V8's. 

Edited by Bullet

• Owner

Kind of like racing @Wet Vette 2018 Hyundai Elantra. It only weighs in at barely 3,500 pounds with both of in the car on a scale. Now my truck is right at 7,500 pounds with both of us in the cab. 500 HP or so will cream her little car. Now my 1996 Dodge Ram 1500 with a 46RE and 5.9L Magnum gas engine she creams me every time. Even though the 1996 only weighs in at 5,500 pounds but its barely 200 some odd HP with dynamic transmission. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/17/2020 at 1:40 AM, Bullet said:

No problem...I was suggesting that if your goal is to keep up with a Mustang or ricers your gonna need more power than a tune, a 62 and some 100hp sticks can make.

Soooo like 6x 13s???

Edited by BrokeAssPainter

7 minutes ago, BrokeAssPainter said:

Soooo like 6x 13s???

Or 7x.012's...they're basically the same size as 6x.013's.  The 6x.013's are ever so slightly bigger but they are known to be dirtier.  They don't atomize the fuel as well as the 7x.012's cuz the holes are bigger and there's less of them.  But if you are gonna go as big as either of those injectors you're probably not too worried about smoke output.