• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla adrenaline transmission slip

47re for trans and for tire wasn’t really sure on what size to put  I’m running a 35/13.50 I looked on the page to see what someone was tuning said he had a leveling kit with 33 think it was in the 90s so I went a couple numbers up and I looked up in the axle tag for the gears  I can look when I get off and let you know the 

numbers for sure 

2 hours ago, Project_blackgold24v said:

I have a ? On the tire size how do you convert that to get the right number

Circumference = diameter times Pi

or in your case

C=35(your tire size)x3.14(Pi)

or as stated above...

3 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Circumference... 109.9" roughly.

Its nice to know the math behind the answer so you'll know how to calculate it again if you change your tire size :thumbup2:

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Project_blackgold24v said:

The quad is saying that the transmission slip is at 100% but transmission seems to be fine  no problems 

Good information above, but an important piece missing. If the number wasn't accurate, yes, your tire size and gearing settings may need adjustment. However, where are you viewing this number, and are you moving at the time? If you aren't moving, transmission slip will always show 100%, because the engine crank shaft is turning, and the transmission output is not. 100% slippage until you start rolling. Similarly, if you look in the data log screen of the iQuad app, you will see %100 slip reported as the max slip every time, assuming you were stopped the last time you cleared the logs.

Does that make sense?

To add,

As far as I understand, the iQuad tire size settings are only useful/accurate if your truck's cluster speedometer is NOT accurate. For example, if you have oversized tires, and you had a tech with a Chrysler tool correct your tire size to make your speedo accurate, then you need to leave iQuad at the default tire size, or it'll throw the iQuad speedo out of whack. And I assume trans slip.

Edited by kzimmer
Double post formatting
  • Like 2

• Staff
10 hours ago, Me78569 said:

The quad needs circumference  as 35" is no enough to calc the slip %

8 hours ago, hdpwipmonkey said:

its nice to know the math behind the answer so you'll know how to calculate it again if you change your tire size :thumbup2:

Or plug your tire size in and get other info too.

1570597513_TIRECIRCUMFERENCE2.jpg.e86cd1e5e747cd8fc9f89463def8de14.jpg

• Thanks 1