• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

2014 Canbus

Glenn

I have been having troubles with my ABS system.  Originally i had both rear speed sensors being the fault.  Replaced them with mopar originals reset the code all was well for a couple days.  Then it came back.  I can see the rpm on all 4 wheel sensors with my scanner.  Sometimes the right rear wheel shows no speed than normal.  I have had it show NA for all wheels while driving.  I have had the scanner loose communications with the ABS as if it wasn't there.  I have had it go out on its own & then it screws up the digital speedo only to set the code again & my speedo goes back to normal.  This week i pulled it into my shop.  I have a little farm with a nice shop to work in.  I disconnected both batteries & checked the connector on the ABS module.  It was ok no corrosion.  I then checked the wiring from the rear wheel sensors.  I took apart the connectors underneath the cab behind the inner wheel fender.  I put everything back together & started it up.  My gear selector is bright yellow & i have a few error codes.  I can't erase anything & the truck won't shift out of first.  The truck was fine other than the ABS & traction control on before this.  WTF.  I am out in the country & this is my only ride.

It sounds to me like you have a bad connection at a junction at some point between the rear and the abs computer.   I would be using electronics cleaner and dielectric grease on all connections going to the rear of the truck.

I have both & used both.  Pulled the codes again UO101-00 seems to be my problem.  Which connector harness behind the inner fender is the one for the tranny?  I have them both open again.  Thanks 

I got most codes out now as i took both connectors apart & sprayed them again.  I am a union electrician so I have lots of electronic cleaner & dielectric grease. I checked the fuse for the tranny controller & its ok.  Do you know what wires are for the Asisn in the wiring harness?  Thanks

• Owner
7 hours ago, Glenn said:

Sometimes the right rear wheel shows no speed than normal.  I have had it show NA for all wheels while driving.  I have had the scanner loose communications with the ABS as if it wasn't there. 

That would be my first spot to look. Go back over the the rear right. 

Then I've seen problems with mine with the tone ring coming free and the sensor was fine but the tone ring was slipping. Since mine is 2nd gen I had to replace the unit bearing on the front axle. 

I have everything else going now but not the tranny ecu.  I took the connectors apart again & sparked contact cleaner on them again. Checked the tranny fuse & it's ok.  Do you know hat wires I should be looking at?  Thanks

Problem solved.  Transmission back to normal all white now.  Problem:  clip had crack in it after I took them apart so they did not slid all the way together.  They are now.  Thanks for the help.

• Thanks 1

No its not resolved pulled it out of my shop & took it for a spin.  The transmission selector is white but it wont shift out of first.  Scanning the tcm I have 8 fault codes which never existed before.  Does that mean I have eight wires in the connector not making contact?  Thanks

Well after a sleepless night & little surfing on the net I concluded that the connector was my problem.  I measures its depth when it's suppose to be together.  It wasn't making contact all the way in.  Checked pins for alignment & gave it a big squeeze.  I have ty raps holding it together.  Test drove it before putting the inner fender skirt back on for the 4th time.  I am having a coffee then I'll go out & put it all back together.