• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

V06 Recall

AH64ID

• Staff

If you have a 13-18 2500 or 14-18 2500 you are probably aware of this recall for the steering linkage. 

The standard fix is to weld the adjustment nuts, something I won't let them do on my truck. I have been trying to get FCA to just replace the drag link with the updated one... to no avail. 

I recently learned the part number and have ordered the part and will submit for reimbursement. It's cheap too, $132 to my door. 

68338342AB or 68338342AD

So if any one else is in the same boat this is a better alternative to welding. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

It's installed and ready for a test drive... just waiting on a part to finish my Titan tank install. 

Removal at the spindle was easy, but removal at the pitman arm was a PITA. 

All in all it's a good looking piece. 

Reimbursement form has been submitted to FCA and I'll update with their answer. If they deny it then I'm still happier spending $137 than a ridiculous weld fix. 

IMG_3357.jpg

IMG_3356.jpg