• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Drove right thru a milestone

1 hour ago, JAG1 said:

Congrats bud :cheers: How old where ya when you bought that truck? 26? :tease:

48 to to be precise. 3 different decades of my life. Never would have guessed it back in 01.

43 minutes ago, IBMobile said:

WELL DONE! 

1440062992_giphy1.gif.91ec6963e827e6461fa57f9e8e148287.gif

The chickenator. Ooooooo!!!!!!

Awesome!  I only have 162,000 miles to get to get to 500,000.

@dripley, I think you're about 9 miles past warranty getting that air bag light fixed.  I am I the process of building a house and a shop this summer - just moved to Baker City, Oregon in January.  So I am hoping no head gaskets or VP44 before then, otherwise I will have to borrow your roof that you used when you did your head gasket - that is, if your chickens don't mind.

- John

17 hours ago, Tractorman said:

Awesome!  I only have 162,000 miles to get to get to 500,000.

@dripley, I think you're about 9 miles past warranty getting that air bag light fixed.  I am I the process of building a house and a shop this summer - just moved to Baker City, Oregon in January.  So I am hoping no head gaskets or VP44 before then, otherwise I will have to borrow your roof that you used when you did your head gasket - that is, if your chickens don't mind.

- John

It is packaged for pickup for anyone who wants to use it. The chickens don't  care.

The air has been on since I awapped the clock spring got the code read and it said the front drivers air bag squib was short circuited. I guess maybe I hooked it up backwards. Though from reading the code I would almost think it should have deployed if it shorted. But what do l know. Would like to get the light of though.

27 minutes ago, IBMobile said:

Did you center the clock spring before you installed it. 

The wheels were centered and I broke the seal on the new one when I installed it. I originally thought that when had everything apart the negative cable on the drivers side battery made contact with the negative post for at least a minute maybe more while the steering wheel was off. That did happen I know for sure. I was thinking maybe the computer saw it missing and set the light. I did try to clear the code that was set but it would not go away.

Edited by dripley

5 hours ago, dripley said:

Would like to get the light of though

Just curious, have you tried getting the air bag code cleared at the dealer?  I don't know how it is with Dodge, but some auto manufacturers will allow ABS and Airbag codes to be read, but not cleared by after market diagnostic tools.  Maybe someone else knows that answer.

- John

37 minutes ago, Tractorman said:

Just curious, have you tried getting the air bag code cleared at the dealer?  I don't know how it is with Dodge, but some auto manufacturers will allow ABS and Airbag codes to be read, but not cleared by after market diagnostic tools.  Maybe someone else knows that answer.

- John

Good question. I have avoided the dealer since they gave me the in tank pump for a grand. Lost my faith aftere that.

51 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Man now that I'm retired medical driver I'm not going to be able to catch you now @dripley. I've got 410k miles but no where near 600k miles. Wow! Congrads to you my friend. 

Pictured might be blurred a little. Its only 500k. I am still good with that. If I do retire next year, 600k will take a while. But you never know. 

12 hours ago, Royal Squire said:

Curious what the blue wire is.  

My temporary remote starter wire. Got bad wire somewhere. It will start a once or twice then not again for a while. I need more than a fast weekend to dig into it. Thought the swithch was was bad and swapped. No joy.