• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

coronavirus protection

IBMobile

• Owner

Yes I'll take precautions toward the virus. 

Like Eileen and I already talked about her medical appointments in Boise. Instead of staying in motel rooms and eating out in restaurants which give you the highest contact chance of getting the virus. Why not just pull my RV down to Parma, ID or Boise St. Luke's (RV lot). Then just stay with our own stuff. Yeah I might have more to spend fuel wise but the eating out and motel cost are gone. 

Personally, I would just rather stay away from crowds and close contact with people as much as possible. As for my own health I'm running on my 3rd winter without a cold. I'm taking a multi-vitamin, hawthorn berry (blood pressure),  and then benadryl.  

There is a huge perk to living way out here in the forest of Idaho. The chances of me getting the virus is even lower. Typically working alone in my shop on trucks. Local grocery store still have toilet paper. Everyone is just normal up here. Now go to Boise, Ontario, or Lewiston. OMG! People turn into crazed idiots. Toilet paper all gone, bleach is all gone, sanitizing wipes all gone, etc. Just plain stupid. 

I'm kind of glad Mom passed on with her need of dialysis would of for sure at some point got her infected and brought it home to Eileen and myself. Being dialysis centers are one be open room with people coughing and sneezing. Last year there was a case of pneumonia going around dialysis center, which mom caught a bit of and managed to fight off.  

• Staff
3 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

We've got states call for emergency relief or emergency aid with only a few cases of Corona Virus. 

Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals Rule #9: "The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself". 

Rahm Emanuel:"You never want a serious crisis to go to wast" 

5 hours ago, Doubletrouble said:

It's sad to say but most people are sheep

They are a herd animal and easily slaughtered. .   1469837603_animated-smileys-animals-1461.gif.be9de3b09a8f593f4c238db3c160e7b7.gif

• Like 1

• Owner

Yup. I went into Riggins, ID and did a bit more shopping. Shocker! We have toilet paper, bleach, disinfectant wipes, etc. The fact is eventually that will dry up and not be restocked in the future. I was informed that the supplies they have now will not be replaced for some time being the bigger cities are eating it up. 

Now I came up with the ultimate protection idea. Since I'm out here in Central Idaho why not wait till it get a bit worse and I'm packing to the wood with my RV in tow and stay away from people. We can always sneak home in the evenings and grab more stock of food and goodies. Then during the crisis just stay out in the back country away from people. I've got better faith in drinking from local creeks than most of the bottled drinks. 

• Like 1

• Owner
1 minute ago, Doubletrouble said:

Just have to worry about others looting your place and taking you food stores.

I've got good neighbors that will keep an eye on things. 

1 minute ago, JAG1 said:

Is there any valid reasons why this bug is so much worse and therefore to be avoided versus other flu?

Older people have a bit harder time fighting Coronavirus. It inflames the wind pipe and lung tissue creating a breathing issues and possible death. So far it only affecting older folks the most. There is a few cases of younger people but they tend to fight it rather easy.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I've got good neighbors that will keep an eye on things. 

Older people have a bit harder time fighting Coronavirus. It inflames the wind pipe and lung tissue creating a breathing issues and possible death. So far it only affecting older folks the most. There is a few cases of younger people but they tend to fight it rather easy.  

my son is an ER doctor in NY and just complete a toxicology fellowship.  He was on call last night at the Manhattan Poison centre.

Those who are low risk i.e. generally healthy and under the age of 65 are still subject to permanent lunch damage even if they are a symptomatic and have the disease.  They are not sure if the heat of summer will kill the virus either so we have to take all precautions.  I'm in LA but hanging up on the mountain and purchasing food et all online.  I have 2 rv's full of water and will have to conserve if water stops flowing.  Getting food and supplies in LA is next to impossible right now.  It's crazy out there.  I personally am avoiding crowds right now becuase I don't want to get sick, just in case I could be exposed to permanent damage.

• Like 1

• Staff

It'll get worse. I don't claim to be a "prepper" but the local bass pro says their ammo shipments have been frozen. Most local stores like Wal Mart or Meijer are out as well. Toilet paper is hard to find along with anything to disinfect. Restaurants are now closed to dine in customers, drive through or carry out only. My sister in law is a waitress, she is now off work until further notice with no income.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I'm trying to figure out this big scare...

it seems like the Panic is worse than the pandemic.  Maybe someone can chime in.   I'm in Seattle more or less Ground Zero for this thing.   Has this virus been developing more and we're going to see a lot of new cases locally and nation wide.  Or maybe rest of nation supposed catching up with highly infected areas?

1 minute ago, 015point9 said:

I'm trying to figure out this big scare...

it seems like the Panic is worse than the pandemic.  Maybe someone can chime in.   I'm in Seattle more or less Ground Zero for this thing.   Has this virus been developing more and we're going to see a lot of new cases locally and nation wide.  Or maybe rest of nation supposed catching up with highly infected areas?

My son is an ER doc in NY city on a toxicology fellowship.  It's bad.  It can get really bad if we don't all keep our distance from each other.  It spreads easily and can cause permanent damage to your lungs even if you are young and healthy and get a mild case to a case with no symptoms.  We have no immunity to it and so each person is their own lab rat.  This is not something you wan to take a chance on getting if you can avoid it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

What I've been told by one of my friends who work at a medical vaccine lab is that the real death rate is close to 1% for normal healthy people. She said that the normal flu is about 0.2% death rate. 

However those with compromised immune systems and or lung issues like asthma the death rate is closer to 20%.

This is due to the fact that almost everyone ends up on a ventilator apparently when fighting this virus.

The facility now has the army there on site, a few tanks and she said about 200 soldiers on base. And they showed up only in the last few days. 

She said to stock up on medical supplies as this will get worse.

All I know is that everyone where I live in my development are watching everyone else when they come home every day. I decided to pick up my lever action and I'm looking for 44mag if I can find it.

I am in Georgia at the moment, the Atlanta area. 

I just heard this morning they only have 99 confirmed cases at the moment. They closed most of the schools last week. Many places of business are starting to close down voluntarily at the moment but the state is considering a major shut down in the near future. I know I have made a bit fun about it but it is a serious situation. 

I have not seen people getting violent with one another over groceries or the like and the two trips I made to the store everyone was shopping the isles that were not cleaned out. It will get worse before it gets better, thats for sure. Even CFA closed all ther dining rooms and sure more will follow. My sister lives in Forida and they are in the process shutting down there. She works for Verizon and they sent everyone home early last week and thats 1000's of folks. Not to mention all the theme parks have closed there. 

It does make me wonder how would folks react if the groceries stop coming. I still dont get the TP disappearing first though. I have seen runs on food stuffs but not the TP. Cant even find napkins here anymore.

• Confused 1

Our gov had a ticking off from WHO last week, they said we weren't taking it serious enough as Boris was just going to let everyone get it to get immune. Boy what a change this week, over 70's quarantined for 4 months from maybe next week. £1k fine for not isolating and maybe prison, Major manufacturers pressed into making ventilators. 10000 army on standby, hotels turning into hospitals  ...... blah blah 

• Owner

I've got to say thank you to all that have posted. This gives us a good idea of how bad things are going. For all you in larger cities please take your precautions and protect yourselves. Myself I'm going to bunk down right here at home and stay put. I know that Eileen has medical appointments but we are going to cautious as well. 

My 2002 Dodge is back in action. I've got a few things to fix. RV on the other hand Eileen pull all the bedding and washed it. We are starting to pack it with supplies and food. Even updated the Quadzilla software to the 2.8.4 firmware. Now for the 1996 Dodge I've got to figure out some minor issues. Most likely need to change the trans fluid and filter. Shifting weird. 

Eileen has a medical assistant behind her. She has been following this and advising her kids as well. They stay in contact all the time through Facebook messenger (video chat). 

Weather wise it should start warming up around here heading into the 60's the next few days. At least warmer weather you can be outside and don't have to be under a roof.

Just reading that you guys have a run on panic buying of guns. 

I work maybe 5 miles from international airport... no planes in the air much today

They say here our nhs will be overwhelmed 

3 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

I am wondering if areas such as China and Italy carry more ominous statistics since immune systems are compromised from their everyday heavy air pollution.

You wouldn't say Italy is polluted and the population is super healthy although being as they are healthy they have a higher rate of elders due to living longer 

• Thanks 1