• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

coronavirus protection

IBMobile

• Owner
5 minutes ago, wil440 said:

Just reading that you guys have a run on panic buying of guns.

Not I said the fly. Already have my weapons, ammo, etc. 

Locally, Big cities like Lewiston, ID are now hoarding baby wipes, ammo, disinfectant wipes, etc. I know what Eileen's kids down in Boise area are saying about finding TP and other supplies. 

Bad timing on our part. Is that we started cleaning out the pantry in the basement. Most of the can goods were starting to rot the can and been on the shelf way too long. We tossed up most of it. Now the pantry is empty and we have a limited supply of canned food. Another one I do have is a few cases of top ramen. Then have a few cases of MRE's. We have managed to spread the food around the two building and now some out to the RV next.  We are not in bad shape but limited. 

I'm hearing rumors of shut downs up to 2 to 8 weeks now. 

• Staff

I understand. A client told me Italy's air pollution is similar to China's conditions. Now thinking about it Italy is surrounded by seas and moving air masses.

6 minutes ago, wil440 said:

You wouldn't say Italy is polluted and the population is super healthy although being as they are healthy they have a higher rate of elders due to living longer 

My wife and I do a lot for a 87yr old widow in the village. She will prob come stay with us  for a few months soon

11 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

'm hearing rumors of shut downs up to 2 to 8 weeks now. 

Our gov is saying we won't get back to anything close to normal till mid 2021 and japanese man just been confirmed to have got it a 2nd time now aint that your luck

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Just been reported that Mr Trump has tried to buy the sole rights to a vaccine  being developed in germany. Report says he was told to '' self isolate '' could be rubbish though  as press here give him a hard time

1 minute ago, wil440 said:

Just been reported that Mr Trump has tried to buy the sole rights to a vaccine  being developed in germany. Report says he was told to '' self isolate '' could be rubbish though  as press here give him a hard time

Sounds like something from the onion.

27 minutes ago, leety said:

Sounds like something from the onion.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/coronavirus/german-officials-to-discuss-reported-us-attempt-to-buy-exclusive-rights-to-coronavirus-vaccine/ar-BB11fncB?li=BBoPWjQ

Also anyone here with other health problems are being told to stay at home self isolating for 12 weeks

• Staff

Just got back from WalMart. I went there to get some anti freeze for a Toyota i'll be working on.  Out of curiosity I went to the grocery department on the other side of the store.  The shelves are empty of all: soup, peanut butter, caned foods, flower, breakfast cereal, meats, cheese, milk, eggs, bread and cleaning products.  Even mayo, mustered, relish and ketchup were slim pickings.  I knew it was going to be spars but what I saw was as sobering as a seance from an apocalyptic thriller.  It reinforced the practices of stocking food and supplies for an emergency.   

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, IBMobile said:

Just got back from WalMart. I went there to get some anti freeze for a Toyota i'll be working on.  Out of curiosity I went to the grocery department on the other side of the store.  The shelves are empty of all: soup, peanut butter, caned foods, flower, breakfast cereal, meats, cheese, milk, eggs, bread and cleaning products.  Even mayo, mustered, relish and ketchup were slim pickings.  I knew it was going to be spars but what I saw was as sobering as a seance from an apocalyptic thriller.  It reinforced the practices of stocking food and supplies for an emergency.   

And to think if you lived in Venezuela or some other places this is a daily occurrence for a lot a folks. If it is this way in a couple more weeks here there will be no civility at the grocery store then. Every one will be fighting over a can of vieeny weenies. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, dripley said:

I have not seen people getting violent with one another over groceries or the like and the two trips I made to the store everyone was shopping the isles that were not cleaned out. It will get worse before it gets better, thats for sure. Even CFA closed all ther dining rooms and sure more will follow. 

Ive witnessed a fist fight in wally world when two people grabbed the same roll of toilet paper, and one of the Home Depot guys watched two girls get into a cat fight when one tried to steal the toilet paper out of someone else's cart.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, pepsi71ocean said:

Ive witnessed a fist fight in wally world when two people grabbed the same roll of toilet paper, and one of the Home Depot guys watched two girls get into a cat fight when one tried to steal the toilet paper out of someone else's cart.

I have read of some instancrs just not seen any. But it does not surprise me at all.

I've just read an interesting piece stating that the current infections and deaths are just like starlight, as in generated in the past.... it takes around a week for symptoms to show so anyone having new symptoms today has been spreading it for a week or so.... deaths take about 5 weeks ?

1 minute ago, Mopar1973Man said:

If you were to come here you would see normal activities still. No one is even worried or slowing down. I watched the news last night and watch how San Francisco is closing down all kinds of restaurants and places that 10 or more can gather. 

Here its just normal life.

Here we are being told to stay away from pubs, restaurants etc in fact any social gathering places. Planning in place for if hospitals run out of oxygen ( Italy did) current estimates are 250k dead here before its done, social isolation expected to last 18 months. Our gov is worried to say the least, roads are quiet, no planes flying it's like everyone is waiting to be told to go home

• Sad 1

• Staff
9 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Here its just normal life

Pollock, ID:

Total population 270
Total population (male) 136
Total population (female) 134
Population median age (male) 49.5
Population median age (female) 51

Here in crazy land

San Marcos,CA:

Population in 2017: 96,198 (100% urban, 0% rural). 

Males: 47,578   (49.5%)

Females: 48,620   (50.5%)

Median resident age: 35.3 years 

• Staff

Was interesting yesterday coming home from a job. Haven't seen the freeway flowing so nicely that time of day for a couple decades. It was like having my old community back. Currently helping a family that bought a home the P/O did a lot of the work and also used hoolagin contractors. Add to that home inspectors not doing their job during the purchase, you can imagine. It sad, but I get to make it right and they good folks that understand the value of hard work. They aren't worried about the virus want me to keep going.

• Like 1