• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

coronavirus protection

IBMobile

• Staff

Went to the Hillcrest area of San Diego this morning with my wife driving.  No traffic; it was lighter than a Sunday morning.  I had to tell the driver to slow to under 80.  The California Highway Patrol was all over the I-15 doing a max enforcement.  We went into the doctor's recipient area and before they would talk to us we were directed to go to another room for Coronavirus screening.  Here we were asked a few questions like "have you been out of the country recently" and "how do you feel"?    In her hairnet, face shield, mask, and blue gown I knew she wasn't from the INS and I wanted to say "Well, McFly, we'er here to see the Doctor so what do you think?" but to get through this I just muttered a "No and I'm fine". 

I went to Costco last night at 8;20.  All the tp, paper towels, bottled water, bread, pasta, meat(fresh and packaged),along with alcohol, and cleaning products were gone.  There was a limited amount of milk, eggs, and frozen chicken breasts.  Plenty of frozen fish and other more costly items were still on the shelves.

Sounds like Dominican Republic is closing it's borders on 19th for incoming traffic, hope we can get out on 22, if not they have rum and cigars :woot:

They closed 4 resorts around us and moved the rest of people to ours, because it's so slow now. No one is wearing masks at this time, plenty to drink and eat, and girls in bikinis everywhere, think wife noticed I seen a few myself :sofa:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dieselfuture said:

girls in bikinis everywhere, think wife noticed I seen a few myself :sofa:

Very dark glasses needed and a cricked neck.

Schools in scotland and wales shutting friday. Our pm to make an announcement in a few minutes, schools are going to be used for looking after nhs peoples kids so they can carry on treating the sick. Jump of 700 new cases today in uk

• Owner

Finally in Riggins, ID turned into mad dash to get supplies now. Local grocery store is being raided fairly heavy. Limits placed on food and supplies. The local Chevron station that does repairs and tires is close till further notice. Most of the motels in town are empty. Restaurants are empty as well. I'm now going to be out of work and not looking for new job till things blow over a bit better.

• Like 1

• Staff

Here in Toledo Ohio the Jeep plant closed, I haul Jeeps and various other Dodge vehicles for a living so I'm not sure how much longer I will be working. I could possibly get laid off again til this is over.

On a good note, it's just me and the wife here at home, we have plenty of supplies for ourselves for at least two weeks. 

Funny how in times of crisis the smallest things bring us joy, but when times are good $100 could fall from the sky and we wouldn't be impressed. Maybe there's a silver lining to the corona cloud?

4 minutes ago, dripley said:

Here in Sharpsburg Ga. I scored two four packs of TP !!!!!:hyper::cheerleader::hyper::cheerleader:

And I might i could have gotten more but left some for others. There was probavly 8 more 4 packs left.

2 minutes ago, dave110 said:

Funny how in times of crisis the smallest things bring us joy, but when times are good $100 could fall from the sky and we wouldn't be impressed. Maybe there's a silver lining to the corona cloud?

Dont know about the cloud but now my hieny has a bright spot in its life.

32 minutes ago, Doubletrouble said:

Oh, did you get bleach to? 

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

25 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

Nope, but if you run out of TP IBMobile has redneck Bodettes for sale. free shipping. I think he has a picture.

Ok smart asses. I actually went to the store looking for this and found the TP at the same time.

20200318_144038.jpg.a253b3c5eae7a48840282083cff60c93.jpg

I am having to contruct a hand washing station for the job using this in a 5% mix for my crews. 

Edited by dripley

1 hour ago, dripley said:

Dont know about the cloud but now my hieny has a bright spot in its life.

That's good. A messy chicken 'bottom' is a crisis in itself.

26 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

Nope, but if you run out of TP IBMobile has redneck Bodettes for sale. free shipping. I think he has a picture.

I had to read that twice. I was wondering how a redneck brunette could help the situation :duh:

I think it is important for everyone, that can, to keep supporting businesses.  We really need to attempt to combat the huge economic disaster we are in.   try to combat fear and buy stuff like you always have.   Something as small as buying a gallon of paint from your local paint store keeps people working.  

Colorado is projected to hit %20 unemployment nearly overnight,   thats a hard thing to come back from.  

Keep ordering out keep buying normal things.  

• Like 2

• Staff
1 hour ago, dave110 said:

That's good. A messy chicken 'bottom' is a crisis in itself.

I had to read that twice. I was wondering how a redneck brunette could help the situation :duh:

One cleans your bank account, the other cleans your behind, but dripleys crew gets mixed up and use it for washing hands, truck parts, everything .:thumb1:

Edited by JAG1

• Staff

Ok, back on track.

A piece of good news, I heard on the radio yesterday that Amazon will be hiring 4600 people in Ohio because of the recent surge in online ordering. The jobs may be temporary, not sure but it will help some of the displaced workers through all of this.

I'm sure some of the jobs will turn into permanent since they are building a large Amazon distribution center just south of the Toledo area. Some of those jobs may transfer into the new facility when it's up and running.