• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

coronavirus protection

IBMobile

34 minutes ago, Doubletrouble said:

Ok, back on track.

A piece of good news, I heard on the radio yesterday that Amazon will be hiring 4600 people in Ohio because of the recent surge in online ordering. The jobs may be temporary, not sure but it will help some of the displaced workers through all of this.

I'm sure some of the jobs will turn into permanent since they are building a large Amazon distribution center just south of the Toledo area. Some of those jobs may transfer into the new facility when it's up and running.

Same here in UK ..... amazon hiring people in the 1000's

• Owner

Getting slower out here. I'm use to getting up at 6am and watching the truckers stream through the canyon in the early morning hours. No school bus, no truckers, highway is quiet. 

Work wise I'm now at the point of running out. I've got a few nickle and dime jobs but Not really worth jumping out the door today for. 

As for safety sake if Eileen get any medical problems or appointments I'm geared up with the RV. All the bedding is washed and cleaned. Reloaded with propane. Now to split up some food supplies for the RV and pack our clothes. My yard is big enough if others want to escape the city could come out here and camp on the lawn. Barely 33*F here but its an option. 

• Staff

You are nice guy to offer. Out my way the freeway is emptier today. Kind like back in the 80's. The Saloon in my town is shut down and so is the cafe. Parking lot totally empty. Thing is you can have the virus and be contagious for a week before you have any symptoms. That's the glitch and then it kills folks in their 80's. 

School district sent us home last Tuesday till at least April 1. Still have to go and check on the pools 2-3 times a week. Also still doing my business. My pool service . 20 customers.Our libtard governor just gave a stay home order. Not really worried right now.  I always think ahead. 

Edited by Threadzy

58 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

Thing is you can have the virus and be contagious for a week before you have any symptoms. That's the glitch and then it kills folks in their 80's

Drink water with peroxide, like 20 drops to a glass of water, kinda like 2stoke in fuel. Peroxide pretty much kills all virus, then there is other things like colodial silver, UV light like sun, that we don't have much anymore, some applesider in very small doses Mix with water first thing in morning before any food, lots of ways to help our immune system 

They gave us a start at home unless you need to go out, but are allowing contractors and other workers deemed essential to work. 

Me, I'm not too concerned. Although having both asthma, and other health problems i feel like I should be.

• Owner

The thing that worries me is most of the trucks I've been working out are just plain nasty inside. Spilled coffee and food on the carpets. Then to have to drive them in the shop, etc. Your customer could be sick. I don't have the means to sanitize a vehicle before getting into it. I'm always touching my face especially working under the vehicle on the two post. Just need to kick a bit of dirt in my eyes or face.  

• Staff
12 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

Drink water with peroxide, like 20 drops to a glass of water, kinda like 2stoke in fuel. Peroxide pretty much kills all virus, then there is other things like colodial silver, UV light like sun, that we don't have much anymore, some applesider in very small doses Mix with water first thing in morning before any food, lots of ways to help our immune system 

I like your suggestions Dieselfuture. I like the way apple cider vinegar makes my gut feel good after drinking, it definitly has a good effect.

I don't get sick very often. over the years others get colds and flu and I'm usually plugging along just fine. I think because I'm active outdoors most of the time is what does it along with the activity of achieving something. Mostly residential contracting, I try to be creative and keep it worthwhile and interesting.

Years ago I did get a flu so bad, kept getting worse and worse. Just about the time I began to think it was going to kill me, I started getting better. All toll it took about a week to go away. Now this new stuff going around is a concern being I'm over 65..

• Like 2

I've been drinking apple cider vinegar nearly every morning for a while now. I'm a believer in it. Might try peroxide too if I can ever find any again. My aunt used to flush her sinuses every morning with vinegar. I'm not that tough yet.

1 hour ago, JAG1 said:

I like the way apple cider vinegar makes my gut feel good after drinking, it definitly has a good effect.

I like the way hard cider makes everything else feel good after drinking :lmao: :cheers:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dave110 said:

I've been drinking apple cider vinegar nearly every morning for a while now. I'm a believer in it. Might try peroxide too if I can ever find any again. My aunt used to flush her sinuses every morning with vinegar. I'm not that tough yet.

I like the way hard cider makes everything else feel good after drinking :lmao: :cheers:

I don't know about apple cider vinegar but I'm with you on the hard cider :party:

• Like 1

• Owner

I stayed home and got busy cleaning up the house and yard. Then @dripley family can by for a visit picking up all the ticks and bugs in the yard.

DSCF4659.JPG

I continued cleaning my yard and splitting firewood. Closed my gates to the public and not dealing with jobs right now. Too much risk to be inside a customers vehicle and not know if the Corona Virus. My gates are closed to the public till this backs down. 

DSCF4661.JPG

I even got the RV ready and clean bedding in case we have anything that we have to do with medical appointments for Eileen. 

DSCF4660.JPG

Then I've got to finish splitting firewood and getting it stacked in the shed. We ran out of wood this morning and I stayed home to get the firewood done and brought in. 

DSCF4662.JPG

DSCF4664.JPG

Then took some other measures too reduce money flowing out on bills. I turned my house over to low battery transfer. In other words as the solar and batteries are full and keeping charge the house is power directly from my inverter and nothing from the city. This is to keep my power bill low and so I don't burn through my saving I do have left. The AC IN GOOD is actually flash showing the city is up and running but the INVERTING light because I've shut out the city and running on my own power.

DSCF4665.JPG

10 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

The thing that worries me is most of the trucks I've been working out are just plain nasty inside. Spilled coffee and food on the carpets. Then to have to drive them in the shop, etc. Your customer could be sick. I don't have the means to sanitize a vehicle before getting into it. I'm always touching my face especially working under the vehicle on the two post. Just need to kick a bit of dirt in my eyes or face.  

They are saying that you need to spray down the car with Lysol and let it sit 1 hour and it kills the virus, but who really knows.

2 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I stayed home and got busy cleaning up the house and yard. Then @dripley family can by for a visit picking up all the ticks and bugs in the yard.

DSCF4659.JPG

I continued cleaning my yard and splitting firewood. Closed my gates to the public and not dealing with jobs right now. Too much risk to be inside a customers vehicle and not know if the Corona Virus. My gates are closed to the public till this backs down. 

DSCF4661.JPG

I even got the RV ready and clean bedding in case we have anything that we have to do with medical appointments for Eileen. 

DSCF4660.JPG

Then I've got to finish splitting firewood and getting it stacked in the shed. We ran out of wood this morning and I stayed home to get the firewood done and brought in. 

DSCF4662.JPG

DSCF4664.JPG

Then took some other measures too reduce money flowing out on bills. I turned my house over to low battery transfer. In other words as the solar and batteries are full and keeping charge the house is power directly from my inverter and nothing from the city. This is to keep my power bill low and so I don't burn through my saving I do have left. The AC IN GOOD is actually flash showing the city is up and running but the INVERTING light because I've shut out the city and running on my own power.

DSCF4665.JPG

Does your meter return backwards Mike? Out here they have meters that run both ways, so say your producing more then you draw, it gives the power back to the grid and then spins the meter backwards, if you go back to zero they pay you.

I leave for work at 2:30 every morning, seeing more traffic than usual, I assume it's people heading to Costco/Walmart to wait in lines.  Afternoon traffic is better though, almost like it was before all these town wreckers moved in from out of state.  My wife got a jump on the TP situation.  She watches a few youtubers from china and they mentioned all the TP was disappearing so she grabbed us an extra pack before all the stupidity took over locally.  I have a few rolls of shop towels I can cut in half if things get desperate as well.  We just have to keep food supplies up now.  Went shopping last week, got a few more things than normal but nothing crazy as most everything was already gone.  My mother spends most of her time canning and freeze drying food so I can always hit her up if things get too low.  Schools are closed until after spring break, all dining is restricted to take out/delivery only.  Wife and I are both still working though my job is slowing down. 

• Staff
5 hours ago, Sycostang67 said:

I leave for work at 2:30 every morning, seeing more traffic than usual, I assume it's people heading to Costco/Walmart to wait in lines.  Afternoon traffic is better though, almost like it was before all these town wreckers moved in from out of state.  My wife got a jump on the TP situation.  She watches a few youtubers from china and they mentioned all the TP was disappearing so she grabbed us an extra pack before all the stupidity took over locally.  I have a few rolls of shop towels I can cut in half if things get desperate as well.  We just have to keep food supplies up now.  Went shopping last week, got a few more things than normal but nothing crazy as most everything was already gone.  My mother spends most of her time canning and freeze drying food so I can always hit her up if things get too low.  Schools are closed until after spring break, all dining is restricted to take out/delivery only.  Wife and I are both still working though my job is slowing down. 

I went to the downtown Winco yesterday. They are only out of paper products, and some bulk stuff..rice/flour/ some beans. 

Plenty of other food, meat, fresh produce, beer, wine, etc. the store looked mostly normal and wasn’t very crowded. 

I also went to Costco for some moonglow juniper bushes and they weren’t busy. Most things in stock. 

Food is likely to not be an issue now that the initial panic is over. 

• Staff

Most stores have ramped up deliveries on the panic items so they can restock. Alit of places have put limits on certain items as well to stop people from hoarding so badly. 

Hats off to the supply chains. Stockers, truck drivers and anyone else associated with the process. They have busted their butts trying to stay on top of things. :thumbup2:

• Owner
16 hours ago, Doubletrouble said:

That looks like a fancy set up Mike. Will that run say an electric range or water heater?

The only thing it does NOT power. 

• Cooking stove (Propane 2 burner stove, or propane BBQ or Coleman white gas stove)
  • Oven (Use the RV is needed bad)
  • Drier (Hang clothes out on the deck)
  • AC and Heat pump (We never had A/C or heat pump in the past)

Even thing else is covered including my water heater (converted to 110VAC at 1000w) and my 220 Well pump.

14 hours ago, pepsi71ocean said:

Does your meter return backwards Mike?

My previous mode I was running YES. I had running sell mode so when I was over producing I could sell the extra power back and roll the meter back some. Cheapest bill I've seen is like $35 bucks, this was years ago. I'm only production is solar and I've only got 400w watts of panels. 

• 4,000 watt Trace Inverter 120 VAC Modified Sine Wave
  • 120V to 220V step up transformer
  • 8 lead acid batteries (820 Amp/hr)
  • Solar Controller
  • Pelton wheel (200w) OFFLINE no water yet, plumbing failure from a fallen tree.

This system is already be 23 years old I replace the first set of batteries at 12 years. This set of batteries 11 year old. Still powering my house day and night no issues. When I flipped over I was only drawing 2 AC Amps. We stayed on batteries all day long till the sun went down and then it transfer back to city power. 

Teaser... :tongue:

My 31 foot Jayco RV is set up with 45w of solar panels, a HF 1,200w inverter, and two 12V deep cycle batteries. That little system works very well and supplies plenty of power to run TV all day, charge cell phones, lighting and water pump for the RV. If you look close on the the right side of the RV my panels are already out. Charging at 14.1V yesterday in the sun. This is a get away rig on the ready if Eilen has medical appointments we will have all that we need without having to be in restaurants and hotels. Reducing our contact with possible sick people.

1 hour ago, Doubletrouble said:

Most stores have ramped up deliveries on the panic items so they can restock.

Here was are completely out of TP still. Already warned this might not be corrected for some time. Bigger cities like Boise are getting all the supplies before our little town does. Trucks are not load full but smaller loads of whats left that Boise hasn't taken or Lewiston.

Now something to consider and watch. Our little local store is out of TP, rice, dry beans, flour, etc. Now the last time I was in Lewiston it was more of the box stuff missing and beans, rice, flour was not touched.  Use this to your advantage to finding stuff you don't have locally. Most people are NOT wearing mask or gloves to shield themselves from the virus. There are only a few I've seen using PPE to attempt to protect themselves. 

Another thing that is starting to piss me off. Eileen does have a existing medical issue. Medicaid is being a complete PITA now holding her in a waiting pattern for treatment. Still need to have her pancreas tested and scanned again in Boise. Boise hospitals right now do not have any active Corona cases in St. Luke Hospitals. But they are not authorizing the treatment, but holding.

The other half that has me going nuts is finish getting our stuff moved into place and Mom's stuff boxed up and moved out. I've got big items like a couch and TV cabinet that needs to be sold but I'm not going to start inviting Corna in my home to sell furniture. My home is piles of boxes and bag every where. We managed to get the spare bed clean up enough for any of Eileen's family to escape the city.  Still need to bring Eileen's stuff back from her storage in Nampa. Ugh!

I've got a few job still popping up and can give a bit more income but I'm trying to balance my work load between fixing and cleaning my own home up and then fixing customers rigs. Like my next vehicle is a Ford with a bad manifold gasket, leaking coolant. I've got a brake job on Chevy I need to make contact with the owner.

But yes yesterday managed to get quite a bit done around here and make daily life a bit more comfortable. Firewood split up and got a full stack up here in the main house. I cleaned up all the firewood chips and burned them off yesterday. 

As I sit here in front of the computer and looking out 4 floor to ceiling windows, it calm and peaceful out here. (8am 3/21/2020)

DSCF4666.JPG

Truckers still traveling the roads. Once in awhile you see cars. Mostly yesterday was RV heading north. I'm betting most of the McCall crowd is getting froggy after being trapped in the snow all winter long and still trapped in deep snow. 

I've got a pretty good size trash pile in the lower yard which is mostly all wood and limbs. I called my Fire Chief and told him I would like to hold a fire training at my place to work with the fire trucks and get some the new guys trained up too. We have new fire truck even I've not had the time to play with yet. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man