• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

coronavirus protection

IBMobile

Went to work this am and about the same traffic as the past few days. The counties south od Atlanta dont have large medical infrastructure as Atlanta. ICU beds are already in short supply. I am sure many of you probably have similar situations where you live. It would be easy to overwhelm them. 

I am also thinking I might have to take a leave of absence. If I get this stuff its liable to just put me in the ground. Not ready for that yet.

• Staff

I think we are at the threshold now where the risk of becoming infected is far more likely. Now is the time to hunker down. I think ones that aren't getting tested, possibly carry[ng the virus is a far greater number than we suppose. Please be careful out there especially around the elderly.

Edited by JAG1

• Staff
8 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Start of next week I've got to head right into the hub of it all and get Eileen's medication being they will not ship pain meds.

What about CBD treatments? Might be healthier for her.

• Owner
6 hours ago, JAG1 said:

What about CBD treatments? Might be healthier for her.

We both use REAL cannabis now. I just had a vape cartridge that was 82% THC and at least 2% CBD. THC works way better than CBD even for my back pain and sore hips. Now flower is typically like 20% THC and fraction of a percent CBD. I like it for sleep aid and pain relief. 

• Staff
6 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

We both use REAL cannabis now. I just had a vape cartridge that was 82% THC and at least 2% CBD. THC works way better than CBD even for my back pain and sore hips. Now flower is typically like 20% THC and fraction of a percent CBD. I like it for sleep aid and pain relief. 

So are you saying that CBD/ THC cannot fully take the place of pain pills? That she has to have some of them to help?

• Owner
33 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

So are you saying that CBD/ THC cannot fully take the place of pain pills?

Depends. 

‎Certain pains like ‎fibromyalgia don't go away complete and can be annoying. Eileen has had problems with back pain (disc issues), arthritis and other joint issues too.The cannabis make a improvement but doesn't wipe it all out. Like for me and my bladder cancer cannabis worked really good for the bladder spasm and pain. Just depends on type and quality of pain. Like Eileen pancreas problem can dealt with Dilaudid (hydromorphone) and works good, but not even Morphine doesn't work on her pancreas pain.

• Thanks 1

• Staff

I'm sorry, I had no idea how difficult pain management can be. Can you get her to ride bicycles with you. That helps a lot.

Back to the Coronavirus protection; if the economy tanks for any length of time I think the retail rate of mortgages will have to be dropped too near an all time low. I remember last time when Obama gave the stimulus money (850 billion) to all the failing banks. At the same time many folks lost their homes while the banks were saved from bankruptcy. That didn't work so well for many families. The handing out of monies to each family is more effective in many ways, but a more long lasting effect would be to expedite lower interest rates on all mortgages and student loans. Renters would receive a corresponding drop in what they pay for rent. Somehow this needs to be done quickly without flooding the banking system with mortgage and refinance applications. Any thoughts?

• Like 1

In my mind the case numbers are nearly useless.  I think it is short sighted to think that the case numbers are a true number.  A lot of places are just not testing and a lot of the population is asymptomatic.    A vast % of the population has or had this thing.  I would honestly not be suprised to see the true case number in the USA be well over 1,000,000.   

People move around the world like crazy, this thing spreads like wildfire so it only makes sense that a staggering % of the world population has it.

• Staff
1 hour ago, Me78569 said:

In my mind the case numbers are nearly useless.  I think it is short sighted to think that the case numbers are a true number.  A lot of places are just not testing and a lot of the population is asymptomatic.    A vast % of the population has or had this thing.  I would honestly not be suprised to see the true case number in the USA be well over 1,000,000.   

People move around the world like crazy, this thing spreads like wildfire so it only makes sense that a staggering % of the world population has it.

I think you are very right about that. Only the death rate per capita is reliable numbers.

• Staff

So looking at this chart you can surmise that coronavirus reaches up in the area in death rate compared to other intense flu or sickness of the past. Only a bit lower in death rates, but much higher than common flu. Am I seeing that right?

@JAG1   that chart is a guess, the guess is the shaded area in Red,    the X axis is the rate of transmission y is death rate.  

at this point since we don't good numbers so it is either on par with the standard flu, but could be higher.

The more I see the more I believe that a vast % of the population has it and only a small % are dying.    If I were a betting man I am going to say this thing is on par with the flu- ish.  

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/high-consequence-infectious-diseases-hcid#history

Status of COVID-19

As of 19 March 2020, COVID-19 is no longer considered to be a high consequence infectious diseases (HCID) in the UK.

The 4 nations public health HCID group made an interim recommendation in January 2020 to classify COVID-19 as an HCID. This was based on consideration of the UK HCID criteria about the virus and the disease with information available during the early stages of the outbreak. Now that more is known about COVID-19, the public health bodies in the UK have reviewed the most up to date information about COVID-19 against the UK HCID criteria. They have determined that several features have now changed; in particular, more information is available about mortality rates (low overall), and there is now greater clinical awareness and a specific and sensitive laboratory test, the availability of which continues to increase.

The Advisory Committee on Dangerous Pathogens (ACDP) is also of the opinion that COVID-19 should no longer be classified as an HCID.

The need to have a national, coordinated response remains, but this is being met by the government’s COVID-19 response.

Cases of COVID-19 are no longer managed by HCID treatment centres only. All healthcare workers managing possible and confirmed cases should follow the updated national infection and prevention (IPC) guidance for COVID-19, which supersedes all previous IPC guidance for COVID-19. This guidance includes instructions about different personal protective equipment (PPE) ensembles that are appropriate for different clinical scenarios.

The diamond pricess cruise had an outbreak and full testing.

3700 total on board,

800 tested that they had it

10 died

So death rate < %0.1

Edited by Me78569
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1