• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

coronavirus protection

IBMobile

12 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

That's encouraging news. America is not designed to be shut down for a long time. I worry about the door opening to a deep recession.

Yep, we need to get back to work.  America cannot handle %30 unemployement for longer than a month or so.

• Like 1

• Staff

I cannot give a reference or a link to the information, but another tidbit of good news.....I don't know how science went about finding this, but the Coronavirus has a very weak outer shell and dissolves easily in soap and water. They are still recommending sanitizers like a third of a cup of bleach to a gallon of water to spray surfaces. Washing with soap is fine if scrubbing for an ample length of time.

Another article is saying it took 2 full months from the time infection started before China saw a significant drop in the bell curve or frequency of new infections. I'm hoping we do better here in the states since we didn't try ignoring nor covering it up. Our air quality is also better than China.

Edited by JAG1

• Staff

The problem with the current numbers and mortality rate is that we know a lot of people have it and aren’t being tested... we just don’t know how many. I’ve seen it estimated that this is less deadly than the common flu, and I’ve seen it estimated as more. I’m inclined to think it’s the lower number, based on how mild the symptoms can be. People with mild symptoms aren’t even being tested for the most part. 

I’m betting it ends up around polio on that chart, maybe even more to the right... but I don’t think higher. Of course that’s just my opinion based on combining all the info I’ve seen, and my lack of a medical degree. :smart:

The effect on the economy will be far worse that the effect on the population. That’s what’s so scary about this reaction. 

I have seen and heard many medical expetts say washing your hands with soap and water is better than any anti bacterial hand sanitizer. We are using a water and bleach solution. 5% bleach to water on the job.  The guys are using it too which surprised me a bit.

I think the biggest problem right now is the fear of the unknown. It is contagious with no vaccine, and it does kill. But as mentioned above we know to what degree the infection rate compares to the death rate and may never know true nimbers. We have had a good while to study the previous ones. 

I have myself been thinking more about this virus along those lines since I am in the catagory that seems less able to fight it off. I need my income for another year or so but is it worth dying over? In that same breath though, the regular flu could do it too though ther are many treatments for it . I am just in that demographic. However, I am thankful to still be working.

At work I am the leader, the problem solver, sometimes have to lay blame for mistakes even when its my fault and sometimes the freaking baby sitter. But it is what I get paid to do. Last time I checked I thought thats what we paid our elected officials to do. I am sick of seeing so many them just wanting to point fingers blame for the whole thing on anyone or thing but themselves. They need to put their differences aside a work together to fight this thing and get everyone back to work. There is no way you can prepare for the unkown before you know what it is. But yes somethings could have been done better but bad decsions are better than no decisions.

I will stop rambling on now.

• Like 4

• Staff

A mild recession is good in many ways as long as families don't lose their homes. The economy was a bit too overblown in my opinion and it is good to slow it down a bit and take a break. I do mean slow it down just a bit not shut down.

Edited by JAG1

I'm still working, considered essential, wife has been forced home which is driving her bonkers.  We lose $1000 a week with her staying at home, my paycheck is a pittance compared to hers.  Thankfully she has enough in her account to ride this out for a short while but this is going to eat up the buffer she has spent so long building.  It's probably for the best my work is slow as my retarded boss told some people his wife had tested positive and then he comes to work with a fever.  That instantly sent two of our good drivers running home for the next two weeks.  He then comes back and says  "Oh, I was told to treat my wife as positive until the results came back".  :doh:  Thankfully his wife did test negative though she was pretty sick with something.  The drivers still have no intention of returning to work and I don't blame them. 

Still seeing plenty of hoarding going on.  Stopped to get a few light groceries and my wife grabbed 6 small pouches of ramen noodles, the guy behind us grabbed all the remaining cases.  No TP in sight but we still have plenty, haven't touched the pack we bought before this all started.  Did get our one alotted roll of paper towels from the only case on the shelf and a pack of napkins.  We just had to spend $350 for some meds for my wife.  She's had a lingering cough for the last year and it's getting bad enough it makes her vomit on occasion.  I'm afraid if she gets the virus, having this cough won't make things any easier.  Crossing my fingers that one of them works, it kills me to see her suffer and not be able to do anything. 

2 hours ago, Sycostang67 said:

She's had a lingering cough for the last year and it's getting bad enough it makes her vomit on occasion.

Try colloidal silver through a nebulizer, don't over do it,  see if any improvement happens. Or even put it in a pot and put it on the stove, then depending on how strong the silver content is, maybe delute it with water, then breave in steam, just carful so you dont get burnt. Lots of ifs and buts about it just like anything else that's not mainstream, but hey if it helps then you'll know. Maybe a little earth grass can help too.

• Owner

Things are return to normal up here. The local store is completely stocked again even TP, beans, rices, bread, etc. No empty shelves. As for Boise I went that direction to pick up @Wet Vette medications down in Nampa. Walmart we stopped in was completely stocked too. TP was there and bean, rices, bread as well. Even in Ontario, OR the cannabis shops are doing drive thru service and still providing products. I will note the price in Ontario, OR is much higher now. Asking $45 for 1 gram vape cartridge. Last trip to Clarkston was $25 for a 1 gram vape cartridge. Basically in Clarkston, Washington its $50 for a 0.5 ounce (7 grams) of cannabis. 

NAPA store in McCall Idaho is still operational. I've got a speed sensor for the 1996 Dodge sitting there. Then I've got a new power window motor for the passenger side of my Cummins which is now stuck in the down position.

20200401_075358.jpg

Some of you know I just lost MoparMom about a month ago. My huge issue right now I've been trying to escape the house for a short break for a month now but every time I try to get free something happens to hold me up. Eileen's son stopped in for a few day which now turned into 6 days of him being sick in the house (stomach issues). Now he's gone the windows motor fails in the full down position. Arrrggghhhh! :mad: Like yesterday it hit me rather hard being I'm living in a house with so many reminders of Mom. Bad part is I can't sell nothing (couch, furniture, etc.) that means bring the Corona Virus into my home. So, its has to wait, but dang it is hard on me mentally with all the reminders.

Like the rest of you I'm trying to live off what savings I've got and limited resources. Make things worse is Eileen has been working towards disability and she was denied just before the shut down and now we have to ride it out till after the Corona Virus is over. I'm covering both her bills and my own for the moment. 

Then Eileen's still has her pancreas problem that is placed on hold. What we figured out is to keep her blood sugar on the level is smoke cannabis before eating which give her the munchies. This takes care of the nausea she deals with through out the day. Allows her to eat a meal and get her insulin dose which now keeps her blood sugar in the 110 to 130 realm pretty good. For me the cannabis takes the stress off of me and the lost of Mom. (Sadness and depression at times). Soon as I can get my Cummins running I'm heading out camping and take a break. 

Something I can say we have been asking around of how many active case hospital have since Eileen has friends working in the hospitals around the US. Like I know there is no active case in Boise hospitals as far as we know. Even though there is listing of at least 30 to 50 cases in Idaho. Which now gets me thinking how many are just people with the standard flu and coughing and sneezing? Then can't be tested right away so they are sent home to self-isolate. Is it actually a Corona Case or what? Don't know.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

Just now, AH64ID said:

Stay home, hoard TP. 

j/k, don’t hoard TP.

Can’t stay home. I work for a farmer and my wife is an animal control officer so are both ”essential”.

TP is still hard to come by down here because people are idiots.

One of my friend’s is currently in voluntary quarantine after being directly exposed to a patient who tested positive for Kung Flu (he’s a nurse at a Army hospital). His son has cerebral palsy so he’s being super cautious.

My daughter (who lives 3 hours away with her mom) was tested twice for COVID and thankful both came back negative. She has been going through mild chemo for Myasthenia Gravis and is high risk. To make things even better she was attacked by a dog two and half weeks ago and required 66 stitches in her upper lip. She ended up with an infection and a 103° fever (which is why she was tested). The hospital had her on lock down so I still haven’t been able to see her since all of this went down. Fun times. I’m ready for a drink.

• Sad 3

• Staff
23 minutes ago, The_Hammer said:

Can’t stay home. I work for a farmer and my wife is an animal control officer so are both ”essential”.

TP is still hard to come by down here because people are idiots.

One of my friend’s is currently in voluntary quarantine after being directly exposed to a patient who tested positive for Kung Flu (he’s a nurse at a Army hospital). His son has cerebral palsy so he’s being super cautious.

My daughter (who lives 3 hours away with her mom) was tested twice for COVID and thankful both came back negative. She has been going through mild chemo for Myasthenia Gravis and is high risk. To make things even better she was attacked by a dog two and half weeks ago and required 66 stitches in her upper lip. She ended up with an infection and a 103° fever (which is why she was tested). The hospital had her on lock down so I still haven’t been able to see her since all of this went down. Fun times. I’m ready for a drink.

Man that’s some crazy ****, err stuff. 

all the best to your daughter! It’s awfully scary being a parent. 

At work we are essential too, but trying hard to maintain some distance and stay healthy incase were called upon to help.

• Like 1

Yeah it is man. I think that’s the reason alcohol was invented lol.

We’re trying to stay clear of people as much as possible but I swear we’re in the local farmers co-op picking up parts  every day because something broke ??‍♂️

Edited by The_Hammer

36 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

It's amazing how many idiots we leave amongst 

It’s the same thing when a hurricane is headed this way. People buy up all the milk, bread, and frozen meals and when you ask them if they have a generator they look at you like there’s a third arm growing out of your *** and say “no”.

• Haha 2