• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I only have O/D when trans is “cool”

Hey guys, so my truck will go into o/d when the temps are cool. I’m refraining from saying “cold” because it doesn’t ever get cold where I am. Relative to most of the world. Haha

once my trans temp gets up around 100 deg F my pcm doesn’t send the ground signal to engage o/d. It will hold as long as I’m in it, but once disengaged it will not re engage as long as trans temps are above 100 deg. 

I checked the resistance that the temp sensor is sending to the pcm and it is accurate, as long as the key is off or the pcm is unplugged. As soon as I plug it in or turn the key on I lose about 400ohms resistance. Idk why. Plz help. 

I got a reman pcm from Chrysler and it’s not very old. I’ve tried running a resistor in-line the sendor wire but idk if I didn it right because it didn’t yield good results. 

plz help. This truck has been a tough fighter. Haha

You can't check resistance on an active circuit. You'll get all kinds of useless readings. You're going to want to check voltage with the circuit active. Check for voltage on the signal side of the sensor. It will change with temperature.

You shouldn't have any resistors in the circuit. You can check for voltage on the ground side (PCM side) of the OD solenoid. It should read battery voltage until the PCM commands the solenoid on. At that point, it will drop to zero (or near zero) voltage.

• Like 1