• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

We can see that your guest and been lurking about. When you register on the Mopar1973Man.Com site you'll be able to interact with all the other members. This is the most friendliest Cummins forum you'll ever join. Take the time right now and  REGISTER  on the Mopar1973Man.Com this will open up many more options and functions on the website. Everyone is very friendly and helpful just ask questions and everyone will help you out the best they can. 

Tymatthew

01 dies in gear but idles fine

My 01 just dies when I put it in gear...starts in park fine and idles great in park and neutral but as soon as I put it in any gear it dies...any ideas?  Torque converter? Maybe a sensor?

Remove the transmission relay in the PDC and see what happens.  That will kill the power to the variable force(pressure) solenoid, torque converter solenoid, and overdrive solenoid.  I think the truck will be in 3ed when shifted to drive.  

I’ll give that a try thanks...trucks a few miles from home so when I get a ride I’ll try that

Didn’t work but I did get it home...as long as I don’t use the brakes it’s good to go so it’s going the shop I just don’t have time to mess to much with it...unless someone has a better idea?

Did it just start happening, or a gradual occurrence?  anything recently changed in your truck set up?

Sometimes bigger injectors or injectors at higher pressure combined with a tight converter will cause stall when put in drive.

Also make sure your truck is warmed up prior to putting it in drive.