• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Used Pacbrake install

6 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Hes got pre and post EGT's.

Awesome. I'd be interested to see the delta T spread on that under wot uphill towing a heavy trailer.

I have one egt temp probe but haven't set it up yet.  @Mopar1973Man Which location would be best if I'm just setting up one egt probe?

5 hours ago, Gregturley said:

@gimmie11s that's the exhaust housing for 94-02 according to Pacbrake. If you have a turbo that has a one piece flange you have to change to C14098 Adapter, #8 in parts list in pdf L1018.pdf from Pacbrake.

Its the same part on the older turbos so if you have one or can find one just swap it to your turbo.

Fantastic thank you.. Ill check that out.

2 hours ago, Ironforger said:

@Dieselfuture Looks sweet!  I see what looks like a temp probe in that port on the side of the exh brake. What is that line coming of the top of the exhuast manifold pre-turbo? Is that another temp probe?

Yhea I have 2 probes before and after, don't really need the after one but I had it so I used it. Usually 100-200 degree different, after is cooler. I thought about putting a plug back in BD instead of probe and save the probe for later but then it's like nah I have it might as well use it.

• Like 1

So.....my experiment continues. I added a vacuum actuator to pull the throttle valve (kick down) wide open on exhaust brake application. This will max out line pressure when the exhaust brake is on. Teed into the apply vacuum line and used a vacuum actuator from a crown vic and a bike hand brake cable. Drilled a small hole in the tv arm and made a bracket to mount the vacuum actuator. Used some old Holley carb mechanical choke parts to clamp down the cable. Zip tied to trans cross member for testing. This was all crap i had in the garage. Initial testing looks good. Everything moves freely both directions.

20200328_172153.jpg

20200328_142228.jpg

Edited by Gregturley

The actuator i used is for the ac system on a late model vic. God knows how long it will last under the truck but i have a near endless supply of them.  I mounted it as far away heat as i could. Thinking this may help when using a stock valve body. I was thinking about buying a Dynamic valve body with my Trump money but I've got my buddy Thompson whispering in my ear.Screenshot_2020-03-28-21-26-00.png.2ea14a54e8adff8ced48be534e46588f.png

Guess i have a decision to make soon.

@IBMobile I'll see what I can do with that.

• Haha 1

Whats going on guys?  OP how i your brake working?

Question... I scored a NOS pacbrake complete kit off of Offerup tonight for $300.  It appears everything is there including s a throttle switch  which im assuming could be used in place of your ECM 20 pin trigger.  However, the instructions i have look like this is for a P pump truck.

Any idea if what i have will work?

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

@gimmie11s good score. Yes it will work but they changed the throttle switch from one that mounts underhood to one that mounts inside on the gas pedal. Im sure you could make it work easy enough because all it has to do is close the switch at idle and open it as soon as the throttle moves. Download the pdf that i linked. Its the updated instructions.

Can you get a good clear up close pic of the vacuum solenoid please? Id like to see the numbers on that one.

My brake works fine. The vacuum valve to jack up line pressure, not so much. I screwed something up and i think its in the valve body. Don't try it.  Haven't had time to check it out yet but i just ordered a Dynamic valve body the day before i hurt it  so I'll probably just park it until it gets here. 

13 hours ago, Gregturley said:

@gimmie11s good score. Yes it will work but they changed the throttle switch from one that mounts underhood to one that mounts inside on the gas pedal. Im sure you could make it work easy enough because all it has to do is close the switch at idle and open it as soon as the throttle moves. Download the pdf that i linked. Its the updated instructions.

Can you get a good clear up close pic of the vacuum solenoid please? Id like to see the numbers on that one.

My brake works fine. The vacuum valve to jack up line pressure, not so much. I screwed something up and i think its in the valve body. Don't try it.  Haven't had time to check it out yet but i just ordered a Dynamic valve body the day before i hurt it  so I'll probably just park it until it gets here. 

Thanks.. my truck is a manual so i wont mess withe line pressure deal...

Here you go

pac-solenoid.jpg

• Thanks 1