• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Spare tire winch

I have a 4" on mine and my 245 75 16 clears the pipe by about 3/4" maybe. It is close. That is a 31" tire not sure what size your dually has on it. As far as the dually wheels, l know nothing.

Edited by dripley

• Staff

They're 85's then. I know they're the stock size for sure. The number of hand holes in the wheels kinda threw me a bit. Possible that it did not come with the wheel covers, they are for a 4 hole wheel. It is a basic work truck, I doubt the wheel covers were factory but I don't know.

Did some searching. In '01 the 3500 wheels from the factory had 7 hand holes. The spare that came with the truck when I got it used is a 4 hole wheel. Someone just bought the wrong wheel simulators. They installed 4 hole simulators on the 7 hole wheels. Amazing how many people can't count. :think:

• Like 1

• Staff
On 3/25/2020 at 4:53 PM, dripley said:

Soak the mechanism in some penetrating oil. Probably going to need a tool to get some leverage on it to break it free. It is a square drive that maybe a long socket extension might fit over or in it to turn it. 

When my campers on it's in the way so I have to make the attachment tool and crank handle a lot shorter to turn it so I found a hex head bolt that fit in there perfect and put the bolt shaft in my cordless drill and turn it. Pretty sure its hex head in there.

51 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

When my campers on it's in the way so I have to make the attachment tool and crank handle a lot shorter to turn it so I found a hex head bolt that fit in there perfect and put the bolt shaft in my cordless drill and turn it. Pretty sure its hex head in there.

You know I think you are. Have to pull mine out and look.

I have the same..... Truck didn't come with any of the jack tools.    I use a a bolt  with two bolts threaded together so i can use a socket and rachet.  It's an odd size like 11/16ths  or 13/16's or something, but I can't remember to save my life....

Hag

• Staff

I may have to cut the length of the bolt down a bit. I had the tailgate off when I did the mod. The bolt rubs the bottom lip when I close it. 

Just need to figure out what to do with the spare now. Not gonna cut up the exhaust to make the spare fit. Guess it'll go back under the toolbox for now. Need to throw a bottle Jack and blocks in the box as well as sockets to change a flat if needed.