• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Flashing wait to start light

Hey folks, I am new to this site and new to diesels. I recently bought a 99 dodge 2500 24v auto transmission. Truck ran good for a few days then the wait to start light started flashing. Truck would crank but would not start. Had it diagnosed and they said it was the ecm. Sent the ecm off to be rebuilt and they call me and said the ecm tested good and was plugged into their 99 and started the truck perfectly. I got the ecm back and replaced all my battery terminals and my truck started and ran great for about two weeks. Then the wait to start light started flashing again. Im back to the truck cranking and not starting. I have read all kinds of stuff and done all sorts of test and nothing has helped this time. I need help trying to figure this one out. Thanks 

First thing I would do would be to check and clean all grounds. Check for engine codes with a scanner.  Have both batteries load tested separately.  Then do the W-T mod. When you do get it to fire up check the alternator for AC noise. Anything above .05 is and has been slowly killing the PCM and ECM.  

I did the w-t mod. I did the apps reset, then tried to start the truck and it didn’t work. (Wait to start was still flashing). So I took the positive terminals off and turned the key to run and let it sit for awhile (long enough to cook and eat dinner) then went out to start the truck and it worked. Got the truck started. Now I turn the key and it takes about 10 seconds for the wait to start light to come on, then it will go out and I can start the truck. However, it seems like the motor will surge shortly after starting for the first time. ( the rpms will drop suddenly and come back up to normal). I can drive the truck but it seems like it is shifting all over the place. Sometimes getting up to 2500 rpms before it will grab the next gear. I just want to thank you guys for helping me so far and thought I would let you guys know where I am at now after the changes I have made. 

• Owner
On 3/28/2020 at 1:40 PM, JKerr1022 said:

(Wait to start was still flashing).

ECM booting issues, errors in software.

On 3/28/2020 at 1:40 PM, JKerr1022 said:

Now I turn the key and it takes about 10 seconds for the wait to start light to come on, then it will go out and I can start the truck. However, it seems like the motor will surge shortly after starting for the first time.

ECM is starting to fail.

Seems like the W-T mod was done too late.