• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Max VP44 Fuel PSI

I was having some lower fuel pressure with my fuel boss: 16 idle and down to 10 full throttle. So I added a couple shims to the return valve and now I'm at 22 idle 17 full throttle. Contemplating taking a shim out, is that pressure too high? 

Thanks

Think my return valve spring was weak from the get go and has gotten weaker over time. 

Use to sit at 18 idle and 16 wot. The drop happens initially around 1800rpms and climbs back up in the higher range. The drop slowly got farther over time till I put some more shims in and slightly stretched the spring a bit. Think I'll keep an eye on the pressure so it doesn't get any higher. Wondered if fueling from hot rod VP44 and 7x012s had anything to do with it

I probably have taken the valve out a dozen times now to clean it. When it would get stuck the pressure would drop to around 10psi and climb up to 18 through rpm range. 

Now I have the strainer in place so not having a problem with things getting stuck

Have thought about doing that if it keeps up. The only debris that I was getting in the valve was rubber shavings left over from the install. Hoping the strainer will catch the rest for now. Really like the whole system. My pressure has stabalized right around 20, lowest I've seen it is 17 getting on it.