• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

New DAP VP44 - Hard Start When Hot?

i can confirm the fuel boss has basically no pressure when cranking but at idle mine does around 15-19 and at speed its 20-25.  never had a cold or hot start issue but glad the pump is being warrantied, it happens sometimes given that they are all rebuilt pumps with or without new electronics. even electronics arent perfect out of the box.

Edited by CUMMINSDIESELPWR
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Octafish said:

3 times now, I've tried the garden hose cool down trick and the truck starts immediately.

The last thing I want to do is pull the pump and I feel like I've tried everything.

Plus I never had a hot start problem with the old pump.

Sounds like the pump to me.

17 minutes ago, Royal Squire said:

@Cronus577 Just curious, did yours start if you poured cold water over pump?

I never tried. It started happening out of the blue with no trouble codes so all I could think of is either the VP went bad with no symptoms or the overflow was sticking when it was hot.