• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Should I get a cold air intake for my 5.9 Cummins?

• Owner
7 hours ago, IBMobile said:

Luck would have it that Mike was going to Lewiston shopping with Wet Vette and could pick it up for me.   

Now you see why I do most of my shopping in Lewiston, ID or Ontario, OR. We prefer Lewiston better. Less crowds and easier to get around. McCall is a tourist trap town which has its own sale tax rate too. Typically like me my sales tax is 6% go to McCall every is 7%. Then if you want to see big jump go to Stanley, ID it 9% sales tax. Ontario, OR is ZERO sale tax, and Washington is 6.5% sale tax rate. I could drive for 6 hours round trip and still save more money in Lewiston/Clarkson than staying home and shopping local. Last trip took mere 5 gallons of fuel to get home. Fuel is even cheaper its right at 3.009 here locally for diesel head to the Indian reservation outside of Lewiston it was a mere 2.509 a gallon. WinCo is on the Idaho side where Costco and Walmart are on the Clarkston side.

The other bonus typically the weather in Lewiston is warmer being its 750 feet above sea level. Gives us a day of being in the warmer weather typically. Now that Texas is froze up everything in Lewiston is a icy mess too.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

I have run the NAPA in the past and the first one I bought they quoted me that high price and I rebelled on that a bit and they sold it to me for the "truckers price" which was about half of retail. Had to have that discussion the next and tired of having and went elsewhere. The Donaldson I have now I bought from Riff Raff diesel for about $40 delivered. After reading allof this and seeing a part # not mentioned I went to Donaldson's website. They dont recognize the part # B080171. Hmmmm?