• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Finally got a new (to me) truck and it’s....

28B92278-95BF-4869-B8C0-F296D0C8C87F.jpeg.16fa1b85fa199872520ef31e98fc98d5.jpeg

Not a Ram :stuned:

A couple weeks ago I picked up a mint 2015 F250 4x4 6.7 Powerstroke with 81k miles. This is the nicest truck I’ve ever owed and so far I’m loving it! Why a Ford and not a Ram? Honestly, I like them better than a Ram of the same year range.

My poor old no dash 96’ Ram has been parked for now until I fix the brakes and figure out why the fuel system randomly looses prime. I’ve had several people ask me “so when are you getting rid of that old truck?” to which I reply “I’m not”. I still like my old truck and will drive it again once everything is fixed.

Edited by The_Hammer
  • Like 3

• Staff

I’m sorry for your loss :lol:

I don’t have much time in my brothers’17 F-250 but each time I’m in it I respect my Ram more. 

But in reality they are good trucks too, and it seems Ford might finally have a decent engine again. 

I do really like how Ford does their front hubs and sunroof! 

• Haha 1

@AH64ID 

After spending so much time behind the wheel of an F450 Lariat pulling a 40’ triple axle lowboy all over the country doing hotshots for my friend that I became a believer in the 6.7. It has lived it’s life with a H&S 100hp tune while towing way more than we should  have lol. The heaviest was just over 60k lbs, truck, trailer, and load.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Got to be better that the Ford 6.0L I drove last night. I could of past it easy with Eileen's Hyundai... 

Back when I was a bus mechanic for our local school they had at least 10 buses with the 6.0. They were detuned down to 210hp and still kept blowing head gaskets, egr/oil coolers, and turbos. They can be made into great running and reliable engines but you have to throw several thousand dollars at it first. 

The 6.4 was kind of ok but made absolutely horrendous fuel mileage. I’m talking about an F350 making 3.5 mpg towing a backhoe. As comparison a ~2005 International i9400

with a Cummins ISX was making 4.5-5 mpg towing the same backhoe.

I’ve been really impressed with the 6.7/6R140 combo. Enough so that I bought my 2015 F250 over a Ram 2500. 

• Staff

But that truck is the 4 letter F word.

I hope you enjoy it and that it's a good truck for you and your needs. I used to be a Ford guy but in my eyes Ford stopped building trucks in 1979. 

I'm not judging by any means, to each their own. I just switched from GM to Dodge myself so I can't really say much as far as switching teams. I mainly wanted the Cummins honestly, it just happened to come in a Dodge box. Lol

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Doubletrouble said:

But that truck is the 4 letter F word.

I hope you enjoy it and that it's a good truck for you and your needs. I used to be a Ford guy but in my eyes Ford stopped building trucks in 1979. 

I'm not judging by any means, to each their own. I just switched from GM to Dodge myself so I can't really say much as far as switching teams. I mainly wanted the Cummins honestly, it just happened to come in a Dodge box. Lol

Careful now. I have had mine for 18.5 years and it has been more reliable than any of the last 4 vehicle I have owned since I learned more about it. My VP died back in late November and I had to have towed. The last time that happened was back in 2011. Any thing else was fixable where I was.And those times were very few and far between. 

Ok I had my fun now, they all have there pros and cons. My has held up beyond my expectations. But not without a couple hiccups. The ECM blown at 2017k was the worst. The good thing about that was finding this place and all the helpful folks here. Dodge got me thru the first 200k and me and this place got me thru the next 300k. The members here have always impressed me,

Edited by dripley
  • Like 1

• Staff

I meant no disrespect, like I said, I was a Ford guy once. I lost interest in the trucks when they updated the body style (along with most others, I like the squared bodies of yesteryear) and as for the company in general when they stopped producing the traditional Ford engines i.e. 289, 302, 351 and so on. Those we're all great engines but I'm sure the change had alot to do with emissions vs hp output at the time. All manufacturers went though this. I work on my own vehicles as do most of us here and I found the "new" Ford engines complicated so I avoided them, still do.

My oldest son is a Ford guy, even has the blue oval tattooed on his arm. He is now driving a Dodge. Lol, it gives me something to tease him about. 

• Like 1

@Doubletrouble  The new engines are definitely more complex but with the correct diagnostic tools they really aren't too bad. With that said I do enjoy the simplicity of the older engines.

My absolute favorite body style trucks on the planet are the 67-72 Chevy. I would LOVE to have one with this color combo.  97230_Side_Profile_Web.jpg

• Like 3

• Staff
14 minutes ago, The_Hammer said:

My absolute favorite body style trucks on the planet are the 67-72 Chevy.

My friend's dad bought one brand new back in '71'.  It was a short bed step side, 6cyl, with 3 on the tree.   He said he got it because it cost less than a car at just over $2,000.

• Like 1