• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Power Steering Pump Brands

So I'm finally getting around to the pump that's been leaking a while now, (much more time on my hands) but I'm faced with a bunch of options to choose from. I dont want buy a cheap remanufactured just to keep replacing the pump, but are the "new" ones any more reliable?

Napa brand

Part #381058n 

240 dollars for pump and resivor, no idea what the real brand is

Comes without resivor, 35 dollars cheaper

Advanced Auto

Part # 96-8002

300 dollars for Cardone brand, cant find a lot of reviews on this either, manager said they started carrying it in the fall. Anyone use this? A bit more expensive.

Borgeson (the problem child)

# BORG-800328

About 180 bucks, can get either through amazon, (bad reviews) or Genos Garage (better reviews) says it is a new unit as well.

At this point, 260k miles, leaking, and the oil smells burnt and metallic, I need to just replace the unit. Any advice would be appreciated, I'm looking at the cardone one, but it's a bit more expensive, and may not be any better than most.

• Confused 1