• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

My idea of the ultimate towing turbo

yes $400 shipped.  Since you just set up your 75HP put them on the classifieds here and craigslist and try to get a core so you can return it.

Typically we set pop pressure about 310-318 for 150HP.  The ones on the clearance are set at 310BAR and are sac 150HP.  

The 57 billet with 61mm turbine would be better than an he351 for flo, spool and turbine flow.  and it has a custom cover for drop in fitment.

The s257 billet is a nice turbo, but not well suited for dodge application without a lot of modification.  We sell a ton of BORG box units.  Happy to supply you with non dodge turbo applications if you need any.

4 minutes ago, dieselautopower said:

yes $400 shipped.  Since you just set up your 75HP put them on the classifieds here and craigslist and try to get a core so you can return it.

Typically we set pop pressure about 310-318 for 150HP.  The ones on the clearance are set at 310BAR and are sac 150HP.  

The 57 billet with 61mm turbine would be better than an he351 for flo, spool and turbine flow.  and it has a custom cover for drop in fitment.

The s257 billet is a nice turbo, but not well suited for dodge application without a lot of modification.  We sell a ton of BORG box units.  Happy to supply you with non dodge turbo applications if you need any.

Thats a great idea on the injectors, but for $100, ill probably just pay it and keep my 085's as spares.

Your ad says the 7x10s for VP trucks are VCO... are they actually SAC?

1 hour ago, Threadzy said:

@gimmie11s I’ve been meaning to ask you. What did the machine shop end up milling your exhaust housing out to? I know it’s a 64mm turbine wheel. So was it milled to 65mm for clearance and heat expansion, or more? TIA. 

They aim to cut the housing to 64.8 -- 64.9mm.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update, i towed my loaded toybox (almost 14k lbs) 6.5 hours last weekend and absolutely no issues.

Turbo worked fantastic.. EGTs on the uphill climbs never over 1100 on quad level 3 with my 7x0085's.  I was seeing around 25 psi boost.  This makes me think i can go up to 7x10s which will give me closer to 35 psi on level 3 hopefully resulting in even more power with minimal rise in EGT.

I really cant complian... truck towed the load fantastic.  I maintained 65mph on the flats and never less than 50-55 up the grades.

1d.jpg

2d.jpg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, gimmie11s said:

Quick update, i towed my loaded toybox (almost 14k lbs) 6.5 hours last weekend and absolutely no issues.

Turbo worked fantastic.. EGTs on the uphill climbs never over 1100 on quad level 3 with my 7x0085's.  I was seeing around 25 psi boost.  This makes me think i can go up to 7x10s which will give me closer to 35 psi on level 3 hopefully resulting in even more power with minimal rise in EGT.

I really cant complian... truck towed the load fantastic.  I maintained 65mph on the flats and never less than 50-55 up the grades.

1d.jpg

2d.jpg

Gotta love the white Dodges with black wheels! 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...