• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Owner

Smoke is just showing your....

• Timing is most likely too retarded.
  • Fuel is in excessive amount ot the amount of boost. 
  • Fuel map needs to start lower percentage.

Now using the tunes I've got there is zero smoke from the exhaust pipe... But plenty of smoke from my rear tires. Making more power.

Let me say that I'm also against 'roaling coal'.  However...I've found it to be quite a useful capability for liberal roadside protests.  We're probably working with different tuning platforms but a quick adjustment to 9 on my TST Comp and they scatter like rats.  It's a very productive crowd control measure...and somewhat delightful to behold.  Outside of that I strongly impugn it. 

On 4/6/2020 at 9:14 PM, Project_blackgold24v said:

Okay 

And the epa has been hanging around the back door of dieselworld forever it didn’t just start bcs of people rolling coal don’t get me wrong it didn’t help but they been trying to down play diesel forever when it the power  that chagrin all there ECars 

28 minutes ago, Project_blackgold24v said:

Okay 

And the epa has been hanging around the back door of dieselworld forever it didn’t just start bcs of people rolling coal don’t get me wrong it didn’t help but they been trying to down play diesel forever when it the power  that chagrin all there ECars 

If you dont believe rolling coal doesn't bring more attention to it, l dont what I can tell you. Just not something we are about around here. The cleaner the burn the happier I am.

I just say it didn’t help it when rolling coal become a thing but the epa has been looken at the diesel world befor then I get it y’all think no smoke mean more power but you got to have the extra fuel to make power so that means there will be some smoke  but yeah don’t feel like fighting  over it night have a good one 

2 hours ago, Project_blackgold24v said:

I get it y’all think no smoke mean more power but you got to have the extra fuel to make power so that means there will be some smoke.

I agree with both you and y'all.  No smoke does mean the most power...per unit of fuel.  But that's a little misleading and is limited by the size of your turbo(s) and perhaps some tuning.  Beyond your turbo's limit, adding more and more fuel will continue to make more and more power regardless of increasing smoke.  But...you would continue to make less and less power per unit of fuel for each additional unit of fuel added...up until you melt something anyways.

Diesel is not as stoichiometrically sensitive as gas is so it will burn in a broader range of air/fuel ratios.  It will continue to burn in increasingly richer environments but less and less completely...hence the increasing smoke. 

Edited by Bullet
  • Like 2

• Owner

Where in at in a national forest yeah I can work with tune and clean them up before using on the highway. 

Like I will admit I have a performance tune that I'm building. It going to be fuel heavy but not super smokey. Just that haze that tells me I reached my max fuel my turbo can handle.

Then my economy tune has been reworked with a shorter fuel map, pretty good timing increase.

Then I'm working on a tow tune as well to get all the fuel burnt, without excessive EGTs. Different timing map, and modified fuel map.

Being that no one can really drive faster than speed limit there is no super need for speed tunes. My tunes are based more on MPG than power. Being everywhere I go is 100 plus mile trips. 

My old routine was nearly 1,000 miles a week, best part 150 Hp injectors still getting 21 MPG. Now catch me if you can... My Highmore on record is 27.2 MPG. Doubt anyone can best that. Fuel only....

17 hours ago, Project_blackgold24v said:

Okay 

but it gave the epa a visible tree hugger tool to use against the diesel world that nobody can question.  one person rolling coal on a crowd in a youtube vid and the world hates all diesels...

as an exampl, same goes for guns, if you question the atf if something is legal now they will change their mind and rule against it making it illegal.

basically giving them ammo to use against you.