• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

We can see you are lurking about reading the forums and article databases. We happen to be one of the most friendliest Cummins support website on the planet. Come on and register and grab a inexpensive subscription plan. With that you can unlock even more for you. Technical support either by public forum, private support ticket, and even unlock phone support by Mopar1973Man. Mopar1973Man.Com will remain FREE to read forever!

Moving to almost the great white north.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not a bad sunset last night.

Finally friday

Fishing report for the day was 2 little walleye and 1 pretty damn big sturgeon.   guessing the sturgeon was 40-50".          my niece caught it first cast on a $30 zebco with

Posted Images

• Board Of Directors

It's beautiful. Nothin like having land around you. Is that a heated garage? I think up there you will need one.

Good luck with the sale and the move. Looks beautiful where your headed. Dont forget some winter time pics after you get there and winter does too.

• Board Of Directors

I wish you luck with the new adventure.  One of the fellows that Jag1 and I camp with has a B and B on his property in Fallbrook, CA.   He has a "tiny house" the guests stay in and 5 horses for ridding.  They do a good business with it year round.   

• Administrator

We have 2 offers on our house so far and a showing in ~1 hour.  We will likely accept an offer today.   I am shocked at the market here.

• Like 1
  • Board Of Directors

You'll have to get a dock built and have boat powered by twin Cummins. Be nice to have a boat house. I built one in the 90's. Interesting pouring a foundation in the water. Everyone came to see that.

• Board Of Directors
10 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

feel free to come up and build one for me.  the ice isn't kind to things in the river though.

Yep, probably better a smaller summer boat. Can you get to a town by boat? Cool :thumb1: if not too far, I hope.

• Administrator

The river doesn't flood.  The river is controlled via hydro damn, max raise is ~2 feet, which the bank is ~20 ft.

It is also a pretty short river and connected to large lakes on either side.

• Like 2
  • Board Of Directors
1 hour ago, Me78569 said:

Thanks,

My house inspection is tomorrow,  I hope they don't find anything I need to fix in my current  house.  :pray:

Just get that pile of VP44's out from under the house and yer okay

• Haha 2
  • Administrator

I am most concerned about the waste pipe they are scoping which has not been touched in ~30+ years lol  I am sure they are going to want to bore it out.  

I have been pumping boiling water down the pipes all day.

32 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

I am most concerned about the waste pipe they are scoping which has not been touched in ~30+ years lol  I am sure they are going to want to bore it out.  

I have been pumping boiling water down the pipes all day.

If it's orangeburg they'll want it changed, if so you can pipe burst it if it's under hard surfaces, I not open trench would probably be cheaper. If it's clay you're probably ok unless lots of trees around, then good chance of tree roots in joints but you'd know it more than likely of slow draining, orangeburg like to blister and do same flow restriction. Televising it would tell you.  

• Administrator

Its cast iron.  there is a tree semi close, but not overly close.  Drain speed has never been an issue.    I am more worried about 60 years of use and never had it cleaned haha.  

oh well I will just deal with it as it comes.