• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Negative camber problem

Hey guys so I had my truck in for an alignment this morning and I just replace passenger upper/lower ball joints and all of my tie rod ends on the weekend. The alignment tech informed me he wouldn’t be able to do my truck due to a negative camber on both front wheels. Everything else in front end is tight and doesn’t need replaced. I’m trying to figure out what the root of this issue could be. Truck has a 2.5” level kit and I have 18x9 -18 rims with 295/70r18 tires. The tech stated it could be the aftermarket rims but also stated I could have a slightly bent axle tube. About 3 weeks ago I ditched my truck at about 40km/h and the impact was passenger side. After replacing my front end parts on the weekend the truck feels fine to drive but is it possible I bent my axle? Also could it be my control arm bushings? They look like they could use replaced. I’m just trying to figure out the best route to address this issue, I know adjustable ball joints will help but I’m wondering the cause of it. Anyone with any help is greatly appreciated 

1 hour ago, Josh200124v said:

About 3 weeks ago I ditched my truck at about 40km/h and the impact was passenger side.

I would think that this could very likely be the cause.  If one side of the axle was bent upward, then it would show up as negative camber on both sides.

- John

Back in the day friend of mine jumped a suburban hight enough to bent front tubes right where they go in pumpkin. So yes it can be bent, I seen it. I suppose if it's bad enough, maybe you can use some sort of magnet on the tube equal length, you'll need 4, to extend below the pumpkin, the put a level across. Might be able to see something. Other way, you'll need to complete dissmental the axle and sovereign something through the whole thing, almost same od as id, if it fits all the way through then it's ok, if it binds then you know. Just thinkingout loud.