• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

High EGTs, Boost Maxes Out

That'll be great.  Let us know how you like them.  I have 75hp injectors like you and feel like i need more.

Im still able to get 40+ psi with my injectors though, which brings me back to something being funky with your set up as it sits.

2 hours ago, mechrisme said:

I got some DFI 7x.010 injectors from a friend for $350, maybe 50 miles on them and gonna work on my gauges this week also. 

May want to check pop pressure before you put them in, I personally would not put them in unless they are around 320 bar, in guessing they are around 300 now. Be ok but smokey.

1 hour ago, mechrisme said:

You think the injector will wear out that quick with 50 miles on them?

No, but most injectors that size are popped lower for more flow. Just saying if it was me I'd want them to be in that 320-325 range. 

Have you checked for boost leaks

On what level did you see 1400 degrees?

we just towed our 14k Lb 5er up a 10 mile grade that ranged from 4-6%... on level 3 with 75hp injectors and about 25psi out of my hx40 hybrid... the max I saw EGT was 1100-1150.

i feel like I could have gotten into some wiretap for more power up the hill but she maintained 50 mph at the steepest part of the hill so I suppose that’s enough.