• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

7 pin connector replacement

Does anybody know if the little “male” connector with the spring door can be purchased separately from the pigtail that plugs into the body trailer harness? And if so, what’s the part number? All I can read is Delphi. Everything else is gone. Thank you. 

18 minutes ago, Florin1 said:

Does anybody know if the little “male” connector with the spring door can be purchased separately from the pigtail that plugs into the body trailer harness? And if so, what’s the part number? All I can read is Delphi. Everything else is gone. Thank you. 

I just googled "male 7 pin trailer harness connector" and many are shown at many different suppliers. They are pretty standard. But l have not seen one with the spring door. The female has the spring door on all the ones l have messed with.

You can get them from amazon, or the local junk yard off any 2nd gen dodge truck. I have 2-3 sitting on the shelf because of junkyards. 

Genuine Chrysler 56038366AB 7-Way Trailer Connector https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GBW09G6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_WlmMEb9F7W59W

I’ve found it searching “2001 Dodge Ram 3500 7 pin trailer plug” which I’m sure would work for your truck year and model if ya changed it

Edited by Towrigdually

I guess what messed me up is the male and female thing. Still does. The plug for the trailer fits into the part with the spring loaded door. To me that means the trailer plug is the male in my feeble mind. But I go and look more close and see the female part is hiding the male part. Where's Caitlyn Jenner we need her explain this stuff.:think::doh:

• Haha 3

42 minutes ago, dripley said:

Where's Caitlyn Jenner we need her explain this stuff.:think::doh:

Oh how I'd like to help out here!  :evilgrin: Nope, I won't. I'll just get into more trouble :spank:

@Mopar1973Man, can you make it so that I can give @dripley a like, a ha ha, and a thanks all in one post? Just this one post? :lmao: :pray:

Edited by dave110
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, dave110 said:

Oh how I'd like to help out here!  :evilgrin: Nope, I won't. I'll just get into more trouble :spank:

I really had to think about what l was typing when l posted this. The world around us aint what it was when l grew up.

14 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

Which is crazy, why do we give more power to these people that make it so difficult to live a simple life.

I agree. So many folks preaching tolerance these days. Yet if you cant see things their way they are pretty much intolerant of you.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

Which is crazy, why do we give more power to these people that make it so difficult to live a simple life.

15 minutes ago, dripley said:

I agree. So many folks preaching tolerance these days. Yet if you cant see things their way they are pretty much intolerant of you.

I've never felt more agreeable than now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah my steel protective plate crushed it, but it only ended up being the very end part. The little 10" pigtail is still good, along with the female connector part. 

Here's what I'm talking about.

5476-D321-048-B-4919-909-E-80842-C95-C95
7-E1-D3-A74-0-C9-A-457-C-95-BD-B055-DE5-

Edited by Florin1
post pictures