• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

MM3 ECM flash with Edge Comp box

I thought I saw one for tps, guess not. maybe I was looking at my 2018 stuff...

oh well.  

Anyways I dont understand how software can cause a p0121 code.   

Maybe if the tuner didn't know that there was a ~12* base timing amount they might be too agreesive and cause bucking, but I would expect it before 2k if they didn't know about hte base table.  

None of the piggy back systems tap the apps wiring. they read apps from the data sent over the bus.   In theory no tuner or programmer  should set an apps code.   

Edited by Me78569

When I was experimenting with the CAN bus i noticed that the Idle validation signal wire from the TPS goes to both the VP44 and ECM. When the signal changes levels the VP44 changes a single bit in one of it's handshake messages back to the ECM. At the same time the ECM sees the level change and makes sure the message received agrees. If there is a mismatch for to long it can set a code. I would suspect a P0122 code but who knows for sure, I don't have the code listing for the ECM. I wouln't think the MM3 would be changing the data form the VP to ECM only the other direction. Theoretically the bucking itself could be causing massive rapid changes in the TPS back and forth and the ECM thinks the signal is faulty. Thats seems unlikely.  It's more likely they need to apply more fuel dampening in their tune. 

Edited by Great work!
spell

Still waiting for the android tablet to show up so that I can utilize the quadzilla, running stock ecm right now, she's smokey but i finally ran through all of the Snow Boost Juice in the 10gal. reservoir and got to start playing around with the mixture. 60% methanol and 40% distilled water seems to really clean things up at the exhaust pipe.

On a lighter note. In Illinois (i work in Chicago but live in Indiana ie no diesel emission testing) it's temporary state law to have a covered face in public....lol, ok game on.

20200511_221930.jpg

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Android tablet arrived and I installed the quadzilla. I have the stock file in the ecm right now but still have the mm3 wired in (although not the datalink) so that i can and/or clear codes if need be. I've been through a couple threads relating to initial settings for the quad but have been timid in regards to actually making a baseline tune. I read that a camera is helpful so I installed an aftermarket camera at the top rear of the cab, and then used a suction cup mount to place my GoPro on the passenger side of the bed to get a comprehensive view of what's exiting the exhaust. Given my list of mods, any suggestions for initial settings? To give a picture of fueling, at one point (before I installed the quad) I set the mm3 to lvl 4 and comp box to 5x5. At these levels and the water/meth dialed in running 60% methanol 40% distilled water, the turbo almost instantaneously ramps to 45psi at any rpm above 1400 and there is SIGNIFICANT amounts of extra fuel. Also at these levels, the bucking that is present around 2000rpm seems to disappear, but at any other lower setting, the bucking returns. I think it would be accurate to say that this engine is capable of insane numbers, but I'm missing correct tuning due to my own lack of knowledge. The best I've gotten on a dyno before the quad, is 2100 ft/lbs, but I'm infinitely positive that there's more there because (even though I'm a newb and have a library worth of things to learn) I can tell that it isn't running at a point of maximum output or efficiency. When I really got into the fun pedal, it just acted like a lion trying to break out of a chicken wire cage, but the lion was drunk..if that makes sense.

• 2 weeks later...