• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Still truckn

Evan

Hauled a hot load for my son to Flagstaff yesterday. Blew the soot out of the old truck because I had a pre scheduled customer for a 10 am pickup. I preloaded the night before so I could leave early and get back in time. Running 67 mph on the two lane and 77 on the freeway, 259 mile round trip only netted 12.39 mpg. This was a small load, 900# in my dump, so about 16k gcw. That stretch from Winslow to Flagstaff will suck some fuel.

Had a big truck pull out to pass in front of me, then just stayed next to the truck he was passing, pretty sure it was deliberate. When I got tired of it and pulled off at a rest stop, I had 2 big trucks and several cars stacked up behind me.

All the freeway truck stops are ripping off the trucks at 50 cents more for diesel than the down town stations, yet gas is the same. I guess they figure cars are more important.

On the way home I stopped in Holbrook at the little park and checked all my running gear temps, just to stretch a little. Rear axle 175, tranny 175, t-case 150, engine oil pan 167, trailer tires 103-108, truck tires front 100 rear 110 and trailer hubs high 90's. It was a nice cool morning @ 77 ambient. I made it back with time to spare:)

• Like 2